RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
lwilson

One of our functions here is Web Design. We need to be able to have items that show our costs and what we charge the customer so we can have reports that print showing both our costs and charge to customer. The cost and charge field will vary with each different customer. These charges will have to mesh with Quickbooks also. If I have a service type in Quickbooks that shows cost and sales price, when imported into CommitCRM it defaults to a fixed price labor item that does not show the cost and is not changeable even if I have the "used in assemblies" box checked in Quickbooks. What can I do to have items in CommitCRM that we can modify the cost/price charges as needed and have those cost/price charges reflect in Quickbooks.

June 3rd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Support Team

When using the Part or Expense Items in RangerMSP the cost and price are both synced with QuickBooks.
Labor Items can only have single rate/price that is synced with Service Item in QuickBooks.
At this time you cannot use cost based service items, however, if the Item in RangerMSP is linked to the Item in QuickBooks then when you invoice you should probably be able to generate cost reports for these services as they will actually be used (selected) in the Invoice Lines.