RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM
knowlwk

Does anyone have the SQL Database version of CommitCRM up and running on 2008 Server Standard?

The regular trial version runs great on my 2008 install, but I can't get the database trial version to run.

I have done the following:

Installed the Advantage database using the serial no. and Authorization provided.
Renamed the commit3.cmt file contained in the \dbsys\ folder
Copied the provided commit3.cmt file to the \dbsys\ folder
Restarted the server.
Attempted to start the CommitCRM client on the server… got the “Procedure halted due to data server error” error.
Attempted to start the CommitCRM client on a workstation… same result.

Verified Advantage service was running. Restarted it.. tested as above.. same error.
Added ads.exe to the DEP exception list on server.. tested as above.. same error.
Disabled DEP except for Windows Services on server… tested as above.. same error.
Added exception for ads.exe in Windows Firewall on server… tested as above… same error.
Disabled Windows Firewall on server… tested as above… same error.
Created ads.ini in the \lastver\ folder as specified with servername, ip, and port found using ADS config utility… tested as above.. same error.
Changed the port usings ADS config utility, and adjusted ads.ini file… tested as above.. same error.
Changed the ads.ini file to use the IP address in place of servername.. tested as above.. same error.

Do I need to drop back down to 2003 server to get it to work?

December 18th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Support Team

Sorry it took us so long to get back to you on this; we're also answering this question on the parallel email thread you sent us. The SQL does indeed support usage on the SBS 2008 servers, and should not be giving any trouble for this reason; we believe that this is a communications issue, that if solved, would resolve the issue preventing you from running RangerMSP with the SQL Database.

We believe that you may have missed something along the way while troubleshooting the situation. This error presents itself if a previous connection to the original RangerMSP database is tying the system from allowing the SQL Database to have full rights to the database.

We ask that you ensure that all RangerMSP services and clients are closed, restore the original RangerMSP3.cmt file to the dbsys folder, and test a single client on that computer.
If this works, please remove the ads.ini file that you created, replace the RangerMSP3.cmt file with the one we sent you, restart the Advantage service (verify that the RangerMSP services are still stopped), and test the database by loading a local RangerMSP client.

If this does not work, then we have the option to remotely assist you with the setup.
Let us know how it goes.

Reno Breen

December 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
knowlwk

I decided to give up on the 2008 install, and did a fresh install with 2003 server.. all is well now. 2008 undoubtably needs a little more tweaking with permissions and such. 2003 was a no-brainer.

December 22nd, 2009, 05:55 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for telling us.
Let us know if you need anything else.

With regards,
Reno Breen