RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 27th, 2018, 01:09 PM
mcbsys

Hello,

In CommitCRM 17, I'm creating a custom Charge report. I want to group all Project charges together, then all System Admin charges, then all Travel charges.

I've built the report to group on Charges - Account, Charges - Charged Item, and Charges - Ticket.

To display the Charged Item, I'm using the field "Charges - Item Code: Item Code".

When I run the report, I set a custom sort order by Account > Charged Item > Ticket.

However when I preview the report, it appears to be sorted by Account > Ticket > Charged Item, so I have a Project ticket, then a System Admin ticket, then another Project ticket, etc.

How do I group the charges by Charged Item?

January 29th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Please try to use the Itemized Account Charges Summary report. This report is already grouped and sorted by Accounts and the Charged Item.
You can customize it and add additional fields, if required.

When copying a system report and customizing it, the original sorting is preserved and this bit cannot be changed. Copying and customizing the above mentioned report should work as it has the core sorting you need.

Hope this helps.

January 29th, 2018, 05:02 PM
mcbsys

What is the purpose of the custom Sort button if it doesn't do anything?

I tried modifying the Itemized Account Charges Summary report. I added a third group level by Ticket. However this reports seems to force sorting by Account > Charged Items > Date (descending). Each ticket is listed multiple times, once for each date that I worked on it. This report actually has its custom Sort button disabled.

I would think that modifying sorting and grouping in reports is basic functionality for a report writer. How do I achieve that in CommitCRM?

January 30th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Support Team

In case you want to create a report with following grouping Account > Charged Item > Ticket then the report we recommended should work well after adding an additional group by Tickets.

We suspect that something is missing in the report design template itself and we may help if you will email us your custom report. You can export the report using the option Import & Export > Export to File under the Reports menu and email it to support @ RangerMSP.com

Hope this helps.

January 30th, 2018, 10:58 AM
mcbsys

Template emailed. Let me know what you find out.

Thank you,

Mark Berry

February 2nd, 2018, 10:35 AM
mcbsys

Follow-up after working through this with support.

Legacy filtering on the Account Charges Summary does not allow customization of the Sort. The trick is to use the new Filter options and add a _first-level_ sort by Ticket. Do not repeat the main sort by Account and Charged Item. This allows grouping tickets together. Unfortunately, the grouping is by Ticket RecID, so it's not in Ticket No. sequence, but at least you can get totals by ticket.

In the new Filter, added a second-level sort by Date, which refers to the Charge Date. Then in the report, I added the field "Charges - Date Only" in the ticket footer. I call this "Thru Date" as it shows the last date that I worked on a ticket.

Totals of course must be in the _footer_ for the respective grouping level (Account, Charged Item, Ticket).