RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
rorrock

From reading the manual the email connector uses a single address for sending and receiveing mail. However being an MSP we use a different address for each client..
being helpdesk@<clientdomain>

Is anyone aware of a way to replicate this in CommitCRM..

Rob

August 5th, 2011, 12:54 AM
rorrock

Given we cannot do this and just work from the single email address using the connector..
How can we have a catchall contact for when users emails do not exist for a particular client..

August 5th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Sure! you can set Catch all rules at the Account level so any contact sending an email from your customer domain will be converted into a new service Ticket.

Catch-all rules are implemented by adding a Secondary Contact.

Instead of filling the email address add only the domain name in the email address field, without the @ (results in: yourcustomerdomain.com ).
The catch all “email” address (i.e. only domain name) can also be stored in the main Account Email1 or Email2 fields, though as suggested, it is common to use a dedicated secondary contact to hold it.

To hold several domain names for an account simply add several contacts as set the domain in the Email field.

Hope this helps.
Sheli

August 7th, 2011, 06:35 PM
hayden

The best way to do it is to have your contacts for the company whoever@whatever.com and set the account to their default domain whatever.com without the @.

Works well for us.

August 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
CCSiOnline

I would like to add to this thread.

We have a need to have a catchall that will work no matter what domain is used. Is that possible without listing a bunch of domains?

August 12th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Support Team

I'm not sure that I'm following you here, anyway, if I get it correctly and every email will be converted into a Ticket then it might become risky - if a spammer sends 1000 emails to your email connector address (usually support@youdomain.com then this will create 1000 new tickets in RangerMSP....

In any case, a catch-all rule works at the domain level, like all emails that comes from yourcustomer1.com, etc. but not for any email that comes in.

I hope this helps,
Dina

September 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
ccsilex

Quote:
Catch-all rules are implemented by adding a Secondary Contact.

Instead of filling the email address add only the domain name in the email address field, without the @ (results in: yourcustomerdomain.com ).
The catch all “email” address (i.e. only domain name) can also be stored in the main Account Email1 or Email2 fields, though as suggested, it is common to use a dedicated secondary contact to hold it.

To hold several domain names for an account simply add several contacts as set the domain in the Email field.

Hope this helps.
Sheli
*bump*

thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.