RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business

October 30th, 2013, 05:51 PM
nattivillin

We are having a few issues that are forcing us to rethink our commitment to commit.

The biggest problem is this outlook sync error. Since outlook isnt on the terminal server, all remote app users continue to get this error that takes screen focus and is a real PIA.

The whole outlook sync is causing many issues. For the users who dont use outlook, or who are mobile device only, they cant sync their calendar, or any calendar.

We have the ongoing issue of emails getting stuck in the outbox. Only a restart of the server service fixes it. We have the advantage database that tends to stop at random times. We have to restart it every few weeks.

We still cannot get SSL working properly. For the amount of customer information inside CommitCRM, we have decided if we cant get SSL working, we are exposing our customer's data to unnecessary risks.

We dont have any login failures audit or hacking protection for the web interface. We just have to wait until we get hacked, to find out someone has been trying to hack us for the past X number of months.

For the issues with the emails, and the advantage database, commit says the problem is our server. We did a full backup, created a brand new VM and installed CommitCRM fresh, and we still have random issues.

They essentially said it is your problem not ours, so they wont help anymore. This leaves us looking to fill our CRM needs elsewhere.

Is our experience isolated?

Is everyone using SSL properly and we just dont know what we're doing?

How are people syncing calendars other than outlook?

Any tips or guidance would be appreciated.

October 31st, 2013, 05:33 AM
BDTECHRob

Hi nattivillin, I would say your issues are isolated.
I use the outlook sync. The way we implement is by running a server 2008r2 CommitCRM server. This server runs CommitCRM, the advantage database, a few custom apps we have developed and outlook. I have an outlook profile on this server with access rights to all my tech's calendars and we configure a calendar sync user in CommitCRM that run on the server console session syncing everyone's calendar.
My users access it through a second terminal server.
I have no issues with stability of the system at all. It does run on some pretty high powered hardware though in a vm cluster with 32gb of ram (over kill I know but it was spare).
We use ssl and had no problems getting this to work with a godady certificate so I am unsure where you are going wrong there.
I have written a script that monitors the Web interface log and emails me when failed logins occur (I have posted this script on the forums here before) so I can see in real time if someone is trying to access our CommitCRM system.

October 31st, 2013, 06:39 AM
Support Team

@BDTECHRob, thank you for sharing your positive feedback about all this.

@nattivillin - indeed the issues you mentioned normally work perfectly well and therefore we suspect that the cause have to be local.

There is already an audit for failed log in attempts. You can contact us by email to learn more about it.

Besides, I see that you are using an older version of RangerMSP and recommend that you consider upgrading to the latest release.

Thanks.