RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
raymond

I thought I posted on this already but I can't find the post.

Anytime something changes with a ticket, the ticket manager receives an email alert telling them so. This is good but the emails themselves are somewhat useless in telling us what exactly changed.

What is needed is an accurate and simpler notification -- all we need to know is:
1) BRIEF ticket info: ticket number, client and truncated description (maybe the first 256 characters?).
2) what changed...

It's this second part that is the problem. What we get instead of a clear "here is what changed" is an email that is mostly useless in telling us what changed or at least difficult to figure out. The "Record Details at time of sending this message" is useless to us because it doesn't tell us what changed!

Please let's make this simpler and fail proof. Just tell us what changed. If a history note was added, tell us. If the ticket was re-assigned, let us know. If a charge was added, just say so ("charge added").

thanks --

//ray

November 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Support Team

Some of the information that you ask for is included in the way the Subject line of the alert in contructed (more about it here. This line is also listed in the body. In addition in some cases like a ticket being reassigned, closed, etc. it is also mentioned in the alerting email - before the current ticket details area. I does not, however, work as you described and we'll take some notes from your post. Thanks.

November 6th, 2013, 10:22 AM
raymond

OK -- I've looked at a bunch of the email alerts and have narrowed it down to "[tkt-mgr]" alerts (which we get a lot of). Most of these are pretty much useless because there is nothing in the email that tells us exactly what changed. Most of them simply state "Record Details at time of sending this message:"... I'm guessing we are supposed to take this email, pull up the ticket and find what's been updated?

A side comment, the "action" in the subject line is sometimes in bold and sometimes lower case. Can we get these consistent (pick one, either upper or lower, it doesn't matter but let's get them consistent).

thanks --

//ray

November 6th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the input. Regarding the bold in the Subject, Well, we do not set it to bold in any way, it's a plain text line. I think that somehow Exchange (if you use it) or Outlook that converts a plain/text email into HTML has something to do with it.