RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 18th, 2017, 06:50 AM
bdbrower

I thought I had used one of our "usual" passphrases when setting up the Password Manager (which is GREAT, but the way), but after my initial session I now can't get back in (must have somehow typed it wrong). I know from the documentation that I'll lose the (few) passwords I've already entered, but the documentation does not indicate how to reset the passphrase (at least I could not find it). Please advise. Thank you.

August 18th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Support Team

Thanks, great that you like the new Password Manager. Please drop us an email to support@ to further discuss this in private. Yes, this is correct - losing the passphrase does mean losing access to all your saved passwords, good that you only have a few of these saved!

January 17th, 2018, 10:15 AM
ghanks64

I would like to reset my Pass Phrase as well. I enabled it, set the password and didn't get back to working with it for 6 months. I forgot what I made the passphrase. There is no data in the list, I would like to reset it so I can use it. I have no password data to lose.

January 17th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. Sure, starting with version 17 this is possible to reset the passphrase for the Password Manager - however - when done - all existing password data will be permanently lost.

To reset your passphrase log in as administrator and use this option:

(Again - all password data will be lost!)

Hope this helps!

January 25th, 2018, 03:46 PM
nattivillin

Since resetting the passphrase results in losing everything, and the list cant be exported, what happens if the database becomes corrupt resulting in the correct passphrase not working?

January 25th, 2018, 08:49 PM
lpopejoy

The same thing that what happen if any of the other database tables were corrupt. :) (aka backups)

January 26th, 2018, 12:12 PM
AN-Tech

I'd rather have a method to export/import the list of passwords.

February 6th, 2018, 04:20 PM
nattivillin

I guess backups to the rescue, but sometimes corruption starts small and you don't notice it for quite some time.

We need a way to export OUR (customer rather) passwords.