RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM
raymond

with the amount of data that is getting stuffed into history notes using the continuum connector, we are finding a huge need to be able to resize (expand!) a history note window so we can see/read more information.

thanks!!

//ray

September 17th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Support Team

​In the History note details window you can open the window in full by clicking Show and then the Go Advanced button at the bottom right corner.

Besides, in the Preview tab there is also an option to Expand/Collapse each of the entries separately.

September 17th, 2014, 03:29 PM
raymond

>> you can open the window in full by clicking Show and then the Go Advanced button...

thanks, good to know... but why do we need to "go advanced" to resize a window. Seems like something we should be able to do at the non-advanced level!

Preview Tab: The BIG problem with the preview tab is that the list gets toooooooo loooooong to actually use it (I just commented about this in the forum recently). For example, I copied the contents of the Preview Tab for a ticket that has just 6-emails, one audit and one history note and pasted that into a clean word document... total 12 pages!!! Nobody is going to scroll through all that to find a specific history note just to see all the text in one window.

The Preview Tab is a cool concept but the implementation is missing the mark. I'm betting if you ask around, nobody is using it for anything beyond what shows up at the very top. This is why each section heading (e.g. Pending, To-dos, History, etc.) should default as collapsed and "live data" should appear next to the section headings (e.g. how many open pending or to-do items remain for the ticket, how many open tickets exist in the account, etc.).

Anyhow, thanks for the tip on how to expand a history note window!

//ray

work with history notes (other than maybe creating them). I wish we could insert screen shots as I would show you how crazy (and useless) the preview tabs become after any significant amount of history and work has been.

September 18th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Support Team

Some feedback:

The preview tab shows the content of the entire communication, so if there are many emails going on in and out with the customer then that's it as that's the content of the thread and that's what you should see, e.g. the entire conversation.

In addition, under the Preview tab the different history events are not fully expanded by default, so no long scrolling is usually required.
You can then select to 'Expand All' (and then all texts will get displayed in full length), or select to only expand a single entry (like the latest customer email reply) by clicking the clickable 3 dots at the end of the short preview of that email.

Hope this helps!

September 18th, 2014, 01:22 PM
raymond

I'm guessing Commit does not use the system like your clients do (that would be us!). With just a few charges, emails, audit records and history notes (btw, history notes default to expanded, not collapsed), the preview window gets too long to use. That's why I'm suggesting everything be collapsed at the section heading. Another though might be to add the "Switch to List" option like we have in the Resolution/History tab. Keep in mind that the preview windows are always going to be longer than the Resolution/History tab (and in fact will be longer because history notes are not collapsed by default).

All I'm saying here is that the preview window is not useful as it is because it is too long. We might look at the first 20 lines but if it's further down than that, we are going to go to the specific tab (typically Resolution/History). If you don't want people using the full function of the preview window, then leave it as it is.

I'd be very interested to hear if others are even using the preview window and how they get about the long scrolling -- I know none of our techs use it (in fact, they want me to remove it entirely because it's just taking up space!).

cheers!

//ray

September 18th, 2014, 08:32 PM
lpopejoy

I use the preview window - but only what I can see without scrolling. If I have to scroll, I normally don't use it - it takes too long to find relevant info.

September 18th, 2014, 08:34 PM
lpopejoy

....like ray said - and email chain gets ridiculously long when you send 10 emails back and forth!

September 19th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

@raymond - Got that.
@lpopejoy - With 'email chain' do you refer to seeing the same text over and over again as it was included in each reply? If so that shouldn't happen and the email connector attempts to 'cut' the text after the latest reply and not include all history in the preview with each new reply, so basically you should see the thread readable with replies one after the other but without a duplicate texts. Though if the text written is long, you'll have to scroll.

September 22nd, 2014, 07:18 AM
AN-Tech

Not sure about everyone else but my system doesn't seem to cut the extra text from replies back and forth in email.

September 22nd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Support Team

It should work, except if we're not referring to the same thing. Please email us some screenshots showing the email text from Ticket History and also your logs for further investigation. Help > Technical Support > Send Log Files.