RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 12th, 2014, 01:35 PM
lpopejoy

I think it would be nice to show a tab title in bold when there are details on that tab. For instance, when there are to-do's that aren't completed, could the quantity of non-completed to-do's show up in the tab title?

...same with charges, what about showing the total of charges in the tab. That way, at a glance, you can see if anything has been charged to a ticket.

...pending tab, # of pending tasks/appointments could show in the tab title, that would be huge.

...resolution could just be bold if there is data in the field.

IMO, the fewer mouse clicks it takes to view/interact with data, the more the data will be used.

September 12th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Support Team

We agree that it would help. Technically speaking this will make navigating between tickets somewhat slower, as the system will have to perform many SQL queries and check for available information and then to display the flag. Maybe that should be an option. Thanks for asking.

September 12th, 2014, 02:17 PM
lpopejoy

I don't think an additional query or two is even measurable in terms of performance overhead. I run 100's of queries on our dashboard and measure performance in milliseconds.

We run 64 bit processors with multiple GB of RAM now...

September 12th, 2014, 02:29 PM
raymond

Interesting, but that would make the tabs really wide and chew up real-estate... we are in the process of hiding tabs so that it simplifies the screen.

That said, this type of info should definitely show up in the preview windows! For accounts, we should see things like total open tickets, unbilled charges, etc.

One comment on the preview pages, we should be able to expand/minimize on a per-heading basis (i.e. Description, Pending, History, etc.). These preview windows become sooooooo looooong that they are made utterly useless. Default the headings to minimized... so what lpopejoy is suggesting could easily be implemented next to the heading (e.g. Account >> Pending would show total number of tickets and tasks).

nice!

//ray

September 12th, 2014, 02:56 PM
lpopejoy

I know, screen real estate is valuable. But it seems to me that even something as simple as "bolding" a tab, or "To-Do Lists (#)" would really make it simple to focus on tabs that held relevant data.

Anyway, +1 and thumbs up for any improvements here. I'll take whatever I can get.

September 15th, 2014, 09:10 AM
AN-Tech

Those are great ideas.

August 3rd, 2015, 04:34 AM
Support Team

Quick update from RangerMSP Team:

Starting with RangerMSP 9 the name of tabs with data is shown as bold.

August 3rd, 2015, 07:28 AM
nattivillin

It saves so much time!