RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 4th, 2014, 06:38 AM
nattivillin

My customers like to see included discounts on their charges in QB. So when a customer has a 10% service call discount the QB invoice looks like this;

Service call $10
10% Plan Discount $-1

When we use CommitCRM to create the QB invoice, it only shows as the discounted price.

How can we get it to show the discount as a line item?

September 4th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Support Team

Currently there is no way to do that as Charges totals are sent to QuickBooks after the discount was applied.
We'll take note of your question though so thanks for asking.

September 5th, 2014, 03:59 PM
AN-Tech

We end up having to manually modify them in QB to show when a client gets a discount. They/We definitely want that visable, makes us look good.

September 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM
nattivillin

Boooo.

This $200 add-on was supposed to save time....

September 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM
lpopejoy

We do discounts with a negative expense. Problem solved. (Kind-of...) :)

September 12th, 2014, 11:23 AM
raymond

Not sure what you mean by "negative expense". We have found the accounting module in CommitCRM buggy and difficult to work with -- particularly the markup and discount stuff. The last post I had on this is here.

We would LOVE to see this overhauled and fixed. This would be the first step before getting the QB connector to reflect discounts.

On this specific question though, maybe you could add a second charge (maybe that's what you mean by "negative expense") that shows the discount directly.

Agreed -- everyone likes to see the discount applied on and invoice!!

cheers!

//ray

September 12th, 2014, 01:28 PM
lpopejoy

Negative expense: Just put a negative sign in front of the expense dollar amount.

You've just created a discount that will transfer to the QB invoice.

Beautiful, I know. ;)

September 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM
raymond

Brilliant!

I've tried doing negative markups/discounts to back out charges (for returns) and that completely breaks the accounting module. Good to know we at least can enter a negative charge... (!)

//ray