RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
pcpitstop

Hi Mick here,
I was wondering how to, if possible, to create a new folder in the ticket inbox... i.e. I want to be able to create a folder for our remote access sessions. That way we can separate our jobs into categories from our normal inbox, still of course being in the open jobs folder.
The reason I am trying to do this is because of an increasing amount of remote access jobs.
Thanks
Mick - PC Pitstop

January 24th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Support Team

Hi Mick,

Thank you for your question.

I believe that categorizing your Tickets and then filtering the list can provide a solution for this, and be a more general way to manage various ticket types.

Tickets can be categorized using the Ticket type, or using the custom-fields (Field1, Field2, etc.). You can use these fields to set a Ticket to a certain category (such as "Remote Access"), and then filter your Ticket list according to this category. You can read more in Field Customization.

Whenever a Ticket is opened which requires remote access, use the category field to set it as a Remote Access Ticket, and then when viewing the Ticket list, use the filter to see only these Tickets.

For a quick filtering option, you can define a filter (using the Filter option in the Ticket window toolbar) and save it so you can easily use this filter next time.

BTW, once you categorize those Tickets you can then filter them also in reports, and get some statistics on how many Tickets are Remote Access, or any other category. This practice can be helpful in many ways...

I hope this helps.

Dina

January 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM
pcpitstop

Thank you very much once again for your help
Cheers
Mick - PCPITSTOP