RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

December 7th, 2022, 12:55 PM
HavenZone

We are trying to integrate two new services into the ticket system. The issue is that the account name is within the email and not in the subject line. Is there any way for it to look at the body of the email?

One of them has "Company Name:" in the body followed by the client name, and the other has "Site:" followed by the client name.

Neither of the services can have the subject line changed. Can this be done?

I also need it to NOT auto-reply to these two email addresses as they are not the client.

December 8th, 2022, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The Automated Emails feature of the Email Connector allows configuring rules to process emails sent from systems and convert them to the Tickets under the relevant Account in RangerMSP.

The Auto-response email is not sent for Tickets created from Automated Emails - i.e., if an email message is detected as "Automated" and a new ticket is created from it, an auto-response message will NOT be sent.

The Account detection is based on parsing the email subject line only. At this time it does not process the email body. We will take note of this requirement.

Hope this helps!

December 9th, 2022, 11:12 AM
HavenZone

This is an issue since I can't change the subject line with these two services and it does reply to one of the emails to say a ticket was created. The ticket gets created under the main account and then we have to reassign it to the correct account. It adds an extra step but not the end of the world. But it does reply to a DONOTREPLY email which bounces back and creates a second ticket. I want it to send emails to the clients that send emails in but how can I stop it from sending emails to the donotreply addresses?

December 12th, 2022, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Currently the only option to suppress the auto-response email from sending to the sender (e.g. 'donotreply') is by recognizing the email as automated.

In case you cannot change the subject line of this automated email, then you can use the following method to create Tickets under the temporary Account record without triggering the auto-response.

1. Create a dedicated Account record for that automated service and add its email address.

2. Use the ServerConfig utility to configure Automated Emails and add a Detection Rule for this service email address.

In addition, select the option 'Detect RangerMSP Account by the sender email address' as shown on the sample below.

3. Restart the 'CRM Server' service.

As a result, the Ticket will be created under the temporary Account and you can move it to the correct Account.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Hope this helps!

September 25th, 2023, 02:54 PM
HavenZone

Any plans of adding the body of the email to look for company names? We have to keep reassigning tickets created by these systems. If it could search the body as well as the subject it would save us a lot of time.

September 26th, 2023, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. I see that we have this request on our list and have added your vote for it. Thanks for asking and following up.

November 13th, 2023, 11:36 AM
HavenZone

any update on adding the body to the email to search? Theres been no update for over a year. I hope there are some major improvements coming. At the very least this request, but it would be nice with updated reporting and maybe a newer looking interface.

November 15th, 2023, 06:11 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. I checked and saw that this feature request is documented and already has a few votes, however, at this time I cannot say when it'll get implemented. Just like the items you mentioned, there are other requests that may be more popular at the moment. In any case, I've just added another comment for this one. Thanks.