RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

November 2nd, 2022, 08:19 AM
AN-Tech

Can you tell me where things are at with having the ability to put multiple email addresses on the contacts for our customers? We are running into more and more companies who utilize multiple domain/emails and having to create duplicate contacts for each of their email addresses isn't really a good option.

I know this has been brought up many times for several years now and it would be nice to get some traction on it. It seems like it should be pretty easy to add additional email fields to the contacts.

November 2nd, 2022, 09:11 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

We have this request on our list and we will add your feedback there. For what it is worth I want to share that while it may seem to only involve adding a new field (easy!) it actually involves a lot more and touches many areas including the Email Connector, reports, contact sync with Outlook and QuickBooks, the API that is widely used, and a lot more, and this is part of the reason it hasn't been added so far, in favor of things with higher priority.

Anyway, we see how this may help and will definitely consider this change.

Thanks for asking.

November 2nd, 2022, 09:41 AM
AN-Tech

I am open to other suggestions but telling a customer that they have to use a specific email address when sending to us isn't preferred and it's a pain for us to create multiple contacts for potentially 100+ contacts. That and it makes it next to impossible to track the number of issues for specific people or details on the tickets for them.

November 2nd, 2022, 10:29 AM
Support Team

Yes, that's clear, thanks.

For what it is worth, here's a trick that may help - matching inbound emails by domain so any sender from the customer domain will be accepted and a new Ticket be created under this customer account.

Hope this helps.