RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 15th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Dan@Vemotion

Hi again,

How do I remove or hide a field? At the moment I am talking about in Oppertunities, General,
the source, territory, field1, field2 and 3

Thanks
Dan

March 15th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Support Team

A system field cannot be entirely removed, however, you can add a new custom tab and place existing system fields on it. This achieves almost the same result.
Having said that, the fields you mentioned may be very useful, even if it does not seem so at this stage.

Click to learn more about customization.

Hope this helps.

March 19th, 2018, 04:31 AM
Dan@Vemotion

OK,

So I have created some new fields (I would rather change 'Field 1,2,3' so they are not drop downs but I can't seem to do that.

However everytime I try ot add the new Fields in field management i am told to add a tab first but I don't see a way to do that. I want to add them to the opportunity general tab.
Please can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks
Dan

March 19th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Support Team

You should create a new custom tab and add the new custom fields to it. The structure of system tabs cannot be modified.

Note that you CAN add existing system fields to your newly create tab, so this basically achieves nearly the same result.

Please go to Accounts menu > Tools > Tab Management or use the 'All tabs' drop down to add new and organize existing tabs:

Hope this helps.