RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

February 2nd, 2018, 09:04 AM
lpopejoy

Ok, this one is going to be hard to explain...

But here's what I'm thinking.

As MSP's we all over a catalogue of services to our customers. There are times when we all need to be able to immediately filter our client list to a specific set of customers - maybe a vendor is having a problem and we need to send a quick email to everyone affected. Or we need to send an upsell email targeting everyone who DOESN'T have product X.

I'm thinking that CommitCRM could easily build this out. We would build out each product leveraging existing filter logic. For instance, make a filter that finds everyone with "offsite backup" charges for the last 12 mo. There would be a new tab on each account that would show the product matrix and see exactly what products they have or don't have. The nice thing is this would auto populate based on charge history - or however we built the filter.

Now, one of the challengs is that this results in a LOT of database queries and could slow the UI down. I would propose that this process run each night as part of the server service - and actually update DB fields - this way it can be reported and filtered against (as opposed to a real time query each time you load the tab).

Ping me offline if you need more details, I could send you a screenshot of what I'm thinking about.

I think this could be massively useful to all MSP's!

February 2nd, 2018, 10:59 AM
Support Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas here. Very interesting. We will take a note and consider this. For what it is worth, something that you can do already is to filter Charges to see Accounts that have been charged for a specific Item or Item' category using filters. True, this is different than what you suggested, though you can still access the data. In any case, feedback noted and the requirement is clear. Thanks.

February 2nd, 2018, 11:21 AM
lpopejoy

I don't believe you can apply an "ACCOUNTS" filter based on charge records. (with the exception being the newer live data panel filters, that has some limited capacity in this regard).

Right?

February 2nd, 2018, 11:25 AM
Support Team

You can filter Charges, based on Charge fields, Item fields ('Secondary Filter') and the Account fields (again, 'Secondary Filter'). Now, if you are OK with reports, you can apply such a filter to a custom Charge report by Accounts while removing the Charge details fields/bank in the Report Designer. What you'll get is a list of Accounts that have such Charges logged for them.

February 2nd, 2018, 12:54 PM
lpopejoy

Yeah... I hear you. Not really really what I'm looking for, but good info.