RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

January 15th, 2018, 03:13 PM
stephan

We want an easy way to keep an eye on charges throughout the day(works with day/month filter) and also so we can "thumb through" PREVIOUS days/months.

1) The SUM button seems an extra and unnecessary step. Why not just provide totals at the bottom of the screen anyway?

2) There is no backwards forwards buttons that allows one to thumb through DAYS/MONTHS

Easy and useful changes?

Thoughts?

Steph.

January 16th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Thank you for sharing these suggestions, definitely sound interesting! We have already logged them for review and they will be considered.

(Update from Support Team: in the version 25 we introduced a Weekly view in the Charges window that allows to easily log charges, track daily and weekly charge-logging process and see daily and weekly summaries.)

January 16th, 2018, 03:34 PM
stephan

Well I think it would have a more "modern" feel.

Perhaps you could even sport an optional overhead panel with graphed stats for techs or something?

January 17th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you. Noted. The Live Data Pane already supports display similar numbers including Charges and hours totals .
As you may know already, you can pop it out and show it on an external display. You also have the option to control the size of the "boxes".

January 18th, 2018, 04:03 PM
stephan

Not really... That doesn't address address my requirement at all.

I Just want a <- -> arrows so I can scroll backwards and forwards through a given Date/Time criteria such as DAY/MONTH and be able to see the totals at the bottom without having to click on the SUM button (which seems kind of pointless since a totals line at the bottom would serve better).

This would make the charges interface so much more useful.

January 18th, 2018, 04:05 PM
stephan

The REASON for doing this is that I want to quickly be able to see over the last few days at least if we have any charge records for jobs since they often get MISSED and this hurts the bottom line.

January 19th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Support Team

Thank you. The above shows what's available today. Your feedback is clear we've already taken notes, now with additional comments. Thanks.

January 21st, 2018, 03:26 PM
stephan

I really do like the LIVE BOARD by the way and would like to see it via the web interface so we can easily stick it on a TV.

January 22nd, 2018, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you for your additional suggestions and feedback :-)

For what it is worth the Live Data pane can already be opened and popped to an external window and moved to another display. Hopefully the TV can serve as a secondary display to a PC (unlike a standard/smart TV) - if so, this can work for you already even without using the Web interface.

Thanks.