RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

January 2nd, 2018, 11:55 AM
stwman11

Have a client with 30+ passwords and they would like a list of all of them. Is there any way to run a report so I can just hand it to them? Or will it require copying and pasting from Password Manager to a spreadsheet?

January 2nd, 2018, 12:33 PM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. You'll need to copy/paste the credentials you want to share with them. Printing all passwords isn't an option. Note that each password you'll fetch in order to paste it will be audited under the password history.

Hope this helps.

(Update from Support Team: the option to export customer passwords was introduced in version 25.)

January 3rd, 2018, 04:59 PM
nattivillin

That is unfortunate. Very time consuming!

January 3rd, 2018, 07:41 PM
stwman11

Would be nice to have a report, even if it comes with a disclaimer about security, as the passwords actually belong to the customer. Instead of being able to export to a spreadsheet or PDF report, we'll spend an hour copying and pasting so they can have their data.

January 8th, 2018, 11:42 AM
AN-Tech

I agree, should be a way to either print a list or export passwords if the user has the rights to do so. Any digital repository of passwords should also be able to be exported and stored in a secure location in case something would happen to the source of the data.

January 8th, 2018, 12:14 PM
aaspeer

I agree as well. We have clients that want a physical copy of their passwords, now that we have the passwords feature its in one place - but we still have to manually copy passwords to create the requested report.

March 19th, 2018, 07:03 AM
stwman11

Has there been any movement on this? Should I put in a feature request? This is becoming more time consuming.

March 19th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Support Team

We have already logged this as a feature request and it will be considered. Thanks for asking.

October 10th, 2018, 08:30 PM
stwman11

Would like to touch on this again; had another client asking for passwords, so it was cut and paste time. I'd really like to be able to export my client's information in a timely and efficient manner.

October 11th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Support Team

This request will be evaluated and considered for a future release.

Thank you for following up on this.

November 26th, 2018, 07:20 AM
stwman11

Any word on whether this has been evaluated or not? I have spend hours copying and pasting, when it could be minutes. There easily could be a security level to allow this to authorized individuals and even an "I understand . . ." button to click prior to allowing the export.

November 26th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Support Team

Unfortunately at this time we have no news on this. We may implement it in the future.

(Update from Support Team: the option to export customer passwords was introduced in version 25.)

January 4th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Blueplanet

Could we also add an idea to allow a customer to view their passwords, allowing access via the tokens system.

January 4th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Support Team

This is an interesting idea. My quick feedback is that I'm not sure whether it would be possible. The entire password database is protected-with/encrypted-by/based-on your passphrase. Any access to passwords require providing that key. Even RangerMSP itself, any component, cannot access the password vault without it. This adds security but also some technical complexity when it comes to this request, as you wouldn't want to share that passphrase with customers. In any case feedback is noted and will be evaluated. Thank you!

January 8th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Blueplanet

A few more ideas:

a drop down on the Description so we can select, Office365, Domain, Admin, Other. Then if other is selected we can add a manual description.

Security tokens automatically set. via drop option selected above

Exporting of passwords

January 8th, 2019, 08:24 AM
AN-Tech

Blueplanet, that is an excellent idea that automates what I would imagine most of us do manually.

Commit, please implement that!!!

January 23rd, 2019, 08:53 AM
racassel

I looked for a report, didn't find one so not using password manager. Regarding the password for the password database, I would think the user could be prompted for the master password prior to running the report.

January 23rd, 2019, 08:57 AM
racassel

Integration of CommitCRM Password database with LastPass, or Bitwarden would be the best solution.

Fyi, LastPass Enterprise is a solution you could use to share passwords with your users. You can setup shared folders, then invite the users to download LastPass Free version. Or you could just setup Last Pass Free account for each client. No problem exporting to different formats, csv, html, txt and import / export from other password managers.

January 23rd, 2019, 03:17 PM
nattivillin

Lastpass enterprise is the best thing since the internet.

May 13th, 2019, 06:11 AM
stwman11

Any word on an evaluation of password export? We've had 3 major releases of the software since my first post and many hours of copying/pasting.

May 13th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Support Team

Thank you for following up on this.
At this time we don't have any news on this one. It may be included in a future release. Feedback noted. Thanks!

June 11th, 2019, 09:55 AM
HavenZone

still waiting on this as well

January 26th, 2020, 04:32 AM
stwman11

Following up again on this. Any word of this? Copying/pasting takes time and leads to mistakes. Any chance of this being discussed? If it has been, can we have a word from the developers/project managers about why it is thought to not be a good idea/practical/possible? Would like to put this to rest if it will never be a feature, instead of hanging on a thread with the reply that, "It may be included in a future release."

January 27th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Yes, we believe that we actually have good news here - Our next release will include an option to export passwords.

Stay tuned!

January 30th, 2020, 03:59 PM
stwman11

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

February 10th, 2020, 01:26 PM
nattivillin

Great news. Clients are complaining we cant give them "their" passwords.

November 28th, 2022, 09:00 AM
nattivillin

How do we export passwords?

November 28th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Support Team

The current/latest version of RangerMSP supports the option to export passwords for customers. Upgrade to the latest version and you should have this option available.

Hope this helps!