RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 2nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
bdbrower

We have CommitCRM installed on our server for the sole purpose of automatically syncing all active users with Outlook. It has been working fine until recently. Upon the departure of one of our employees we turned off all Outlook syncing in their account and make that user "inactive" in CommitCRM. However, when the server performs an Outlook Sync All Users process it is still trying to sync that user, failing, throwing up a error message, and stopping the automatic sync (until someone responds to the error message by clicking the OK button). We have had other users leave without experiencing this problem. We have also "reactivated" the departed employee's account, re-enabled Outlook syncing, disabled it, and made the account inactive again but the problem remains. We have also closed and reopened both CommitCRM and Outlook on the server but the problem remains. Please advise.

November 4th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Please send us your log files for further analysis - Help > Technical Support > Send Log Files.

November 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM
bdbrower

I just sent our log files to you via email.

November 4th, 2013, 12:58 PM
bdbrower

Email with support file bounced due to excessive size. I have sent it to you via Hightail/YouSendIt.

November 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Support Team

Unfortunately we haven't received the download links by email yet. It'll be great if you could email it directly from your own email address, or maybe store the logs in a DropBox folder and share it with us.

November 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
bdbrower

You can access the file at <Removed>.

November 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Support Team

Thanks. We see that this employee record is still considered to be active, at least on the PC that syncs. Please restart all RangerMSP and see if that resolves the issue.

Hope this helps.

December 3rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
bdbrower

Restarting all CommitCRM applications solved the problem briefly, but issue has returned, preventing automatic syncing that is important for us. Please advise.

December 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Support Team

Please email us your log files and please specify the name of the employee it fails for during the auto sync.

December 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
bdbrower

I have once again sent the logs via email (let me know if you have not received them). The employee is Zack Tyler. He is inactive in all PCs, and all PCs have been restarted.

December 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the update. No log files have been received. Please try upload it to dropbox/your-ftp-site and email us the download credentials. We'll let you know when it has been downloaded so you can disable further access.

December 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Support Team

We haven't received the email with download credentials yet so in the meantime we looked at history log files. We've found that you have a user called Admin that under its Outlook sync setting in RangerMSP (Tools > Options > Outlook tab) Zach's Outlook folders are selected.
Assuming this is the case you should log in as the user and visit the tab I've just listed and select other folders, remove the current, or unselect the option to allow Others to sync for this user. Then, during an auto-sync session there will be no attempt to sync these folders.

Hope this helps.

January 8th, 2014, 12:30 PM
bdbrower

Your last suggestion fixed the issue. I don't know how the Admin account was configured to sync using the Zack Outlook folders, but disabling syncing for the Admin account did the trick. Thanks.

January 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Support Team

Great! Thank you for posting the update.