RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 8th, 2013, 04:41 AM
lpopejoy

1) First of all, why can't we save report filters? We can save filters in every other filtering window...

2) Under "secondary filter settings" on reports (and also on the main filter window on non-report filters) beside each row of fields, could we have a drop down box that was an "AND" or "OR". So we could specify more advanced criteria? (or straight SQL editor would be enen better, but I know that's not going to happen...)

3) Under "condition" drop down, there's no criteria for "Does Not Include". We have "Includes" but not the opposite.

February 8th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Support Team

1. Yes, this is correct, you can save them in Accounts, Tickets, Assets, Opportunities, etc., however, the report generation Window is unique and changes from report to report (unlike its advanced section) and therefore it requires specific per-report/category implementation that is a pending activity.

2. This is a good idea but it gets more complex:
A
AND
B
OR
C
AND
D

Is it (A AND B) OR (C AND D)
Or maybe:
A AND (B OR C) AND D

So it seems like parentheses will be required too. Noted. Thanks.

3. Good point. Thanks.

February 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
lpopejoy

Yes, I knew that you would find a way to make #2 more complex. :). I understand... Just simple and/or could at least be a starting point. Or have an advanced editor where you choose fields and parens like you mention above.