RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
nicklloyd

Does anyone here create invoices from CommitCRM without linking to Quickbooks? I'm wondering if we can create custom PDF reports that look like an invoice, rather than linking to Quickbooks as we currently do.

Thanks,

Nick

July 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Support Team

Hi Nick,

For what it worth I believe many have implemented this and customized the 'Technician Service Form with Charges' report formats to better look like the invoice layout they use. However, this is usually customized when using an accounting package that is not directly linked to RangerMSP. As QuickBooks is directly linked and you use it I was wondering why not creating the QuickBooks Invoice right from the Ticket in RangerMSP?

Thanks,
Dina

July 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM
nicklloyd

Hi Dina,

We currently use the QB link and it works very well. We now have a new requirement to be able to generate invoices for three different companies and we no longer need to link to QB, so the technician form may be the answer. I guess that one drawback of the technician form is that items don't get marked as billed?

Nick

July 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Support Team

I guess this makes more sense now!
True, the Charges will not automatically be marked as Billed.

Another thought - how about using a "dummy" company file in QuickBooks and use the link with it to generate all invoices from RangerMSP. All Charge records will be marked as Billed. This company file shouldn't be any of the 3 other companies you manage your actual accounting data in.

Thanks,
Dina

August 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
nicklloyd

I thought of something along the same lines. I think we could create three templates in Quickbooks and generate the invoices using the appropriate template.

Nick

August 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM
DynamicIT

We bill directly from CommitCRM with a customised form with billing information on Page 1, and notes (details) on Page 2. I can send a copy to anyone who is interested, and have subscribed to notifications on this thread so I can see requests.

We have never used QuickBooks, starting with MYOB and recently moving to Xero (online with automatic bank feeds - LOVE it). My Accounts lady prints completed jobs, I sign them off, she creates a one-line invoice in Xero with the ticket number as the Invoice Number. In CommitCRM on the ticket she then selects "20th of the month following" or "7 days" for invoice terms, types in the invoice date, marks the items as billed in CommitCRM and emails off the PDF invoice fromCommitCRM. Xero tracks the debtors and sends statements plus all other accounting functions. It's not too much mucking around for our small volume (1200 tickets in 18 months).

We don't track stock, but all incoming invoices now go through a quick process so we don't forget to bill a part to the customer (as has happened in the past).