RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 9th, 2011, 07:24 AM
nicklloyd

We're currently in the process of extending our helpdesk across two sites and it's going to be difficult for a single person to assign tickets to the relevant tech. Ideally I'd like tickets to be assigned to an account called something like "unassigned".

At the moment all tickets are assigned to me as I am the manager for all accounts. We really need the team to be able to identify new tickets that have arrived and that aren't being worked on. The best way to do this would seem to be to have a Ticket Manager that isn't someone who would actually be working on a ticket. Is there a way to do this without having to buy an additional license?

Thanks,

Nick

February 9th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Support Team

Hi Nick,

You can select a default employee that will be assigned to Tickets opened from customer emails or when a customer uses the Customer Web portal. This can be selected under Tools > Options > Tickets (Admin) tab. It displays the list of all active employees and you will require another employee license if you don't have a free one to be called "unassigned".

Hope this helps.
Dina

February 9th, 2011, 07:59 AM
nicklloyd

Thanks Dina, a full employee license seems a bit steep for something that seems like quite a basic feature. Is there any way round this?

Nick

February 9th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Support Team

It's the only way I can see as you want to use an employee based feature (Ticket Manager). In case you do not happen to have a free employee license for it then you'lll need to obtain additional employee license/s. Besides, you can always continue to use the system like you described and assign Tickets to existing employees without anything falling between the cracks, so it may be better to always have an employee manager. Yet, if you'll like to use "unassigned" you'll require a license.

Hope this helps.
Dina

February 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM
nattivillin

I also reqested a sort of "system user" back when i first did the trial. Seemed like a basic feature to me as well.

I was reading"

"You can select a default employee that will be assigned to Tickets opened from customer emails or when a customer uses the Customer Web portal. This can be selected under Tools > Options > Tickets (Admin) tab. It displays the list of all active employees and you will require another employee license if you don't have a free one to be called "unassigned".

Can you set a default employee for all newly created tickets?

We paid for the additional license for our "System User" and i would like all new tickets assigned to them.

February 24th, 2011, 09:45 PM
AN-Tech

We allocated an employee license to do that and now have a fictitious user called Dispatcher. All tickets that are generated from alerts or the email connector get assigned to this "user". We then go in and reassign them to the correct tech.

February 25th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Support Team

I would just add the the Tools > Options > Tickets (Admin) tab allows you to set the default Manager for a Ticket, the selected employee will be assigned automatically to all new Tickets created by Customer Web users using that Web interface and when a customer email (or an email alert) are automatically converted into a new service Ticket in RangerMSP.

Thanks,
Dina