RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 19th, 2010, 10:17 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Decided to start a new thread as the old thread was about the app only adding charges...

Updated features are:
  • Lookup Client (All or Own)
  • Call Client from Client Information Lookup
  • Get Directions / Map of Client Location
  • Add Charges
  • Add Ticket
  • View Open Tickets
  • View Charges for a Client
  • Add History Notes to Tickets
  • Add Charges to Tickets
  • Close Tickets

One of the features we like the most is the ability to add a history note, add a charge and close a ticket form one screen. We use the same description entered for the history note as the resolution notes and charge description.

Updated video demos are available at: http://www.dsgdevstudio.com/demos/

Yes, we are looking into making this available on other devices besides the iPhone and iPad.

We are looking for some beta testers and always willing to listen to feature requests.

Jim
Dynamic Solutions Group

April 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM
sudogreg

Jim, we would love to test this out as beta testers for you. We are located in Missouri (USA) and currently have a 5 tech license with everything (web, sql, email etc) and we do a lot of onsite work. all 3 of our onsite techs have iphones and this would be great to try out. what is required to test? thanks

Greg@WASHPC

April 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM
aaspeer

Jim,

Definately interested in beta testing. We also have a full 5 user CommitCRM license with SQL, Web, Email... We all have iPhones here and this looks like it would be a great improvement from using the CommitCRM web interface from our phones.

Austin Speer
Onward Incorporated

April 22nd, 2010, 07:42 PM
Reactsol

Jim,

Also interested in testing App we have 5 tech's all using IPhones. located in Australia we could see if it works upside down.

Peter
React Solutions

April 23rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
nicklloyd

Another volunteer for beta testing - we're two techs based in the UK. Not using SQL or web license atm though.

Nick

April 25th, 2010, 07:28 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

I wanted to thank everyone that has commented and emailed us with their interest in helping test and improve Interlink prior to its general release! Especially those wishing to test to see if it will run upside down ; )

We are currently using Interlink daily in our production 15 user CommitCRM system and look forward to other companies benefiting from increased efficiencies and more importantly, increased billable time being captured using Interlink.

We have setup a quick signup form for those wishing to apply for the limited beta program.

Interlink Beta Online Application

All information regarding Interlink can also be found by CLICKING HERE

April 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Just a quick update to let everyone know that we have tested Interlink on the Android and looks like everything works just fine. We only need to do some minor CSS changes and everything should be good to go on the Android. We'll be testing on Blackberry and other devices very soon!

Screenshot below:

April 29th, 2010, 09:06 AM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

We are working on the iPad UI which will also be the basis for the full web browser UI as well. Below you will see our current direction with the UI and the types of information that will be displayed on the Interlink Dashboard. Our goal is to provide an overview to the technicians quickly so that they can drill down into areas needing their attention.

Let us know if you have any suggestions on information to display on this dashboard.

www.dsgdevstudio.com

May 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Updated screen cast of iPhone Web App.

Mileage tracking has been added to this update.

VIDEO - Interlink iPhone Update

More info at DSGDevStudio.Com

May 20th, 2010, 01:03 PM
lpopejoy

You know that's a ton of "clicks" you have to go to just to create a ticket. Looks great though! I'm impressed! My suggestion would be to minimize the amount of "clicks" by "defaulting" as many of the options as possible.

BTW, I like the graphs and stuff... Maybe you should develop a whole new web interface for Commit! :)

May 20th, 2010, 01:32 PM
dprichard

lpopejoy,

Thanks for the input. That is just one way to open a ticket. There is an "Add a Ticket" button right on the home page when you login and on every page when you expand the menu that takes away a few of those steps. You can actually create a ticket in about 5-10 second and only have to choose 5 options total to complete. We are still in the development / beta phase and LOVE any and all feedback you can give on what you see. We will see what we can do to shorten the process. I agree defaulting some of them would shorten it up a bit. I will get with Jim and see where we can streamline the process. Thanks for your feedback!!!

September 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM
mark-nm

Is this dead, or alive? Is development still continuing?

September 9th, 2010, 09:09 AM
dprichard

This project is alive and well. We have spent the last month trying to streamline the installation process and also developing the iPad portal and tweaking the iPhone interface. We have been lax in posting here in the forums, but the development has been ongoing. We have also developed a new streamlined web portal that allows you to complete many different things in one step such as bill on a ticket, enter a resolution and close out the ticket in one small window on one step. We will throw together some new screencasts of our progress and post them shortly.

November 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
caseyd

Is there anymore updates with this project?

I've made contact and was requesting beta enrolment and pricing back in June.
We missed the window for the beta sign up but I followed up in early September to find out the development status. I've yet to receive a response. The following is an excerpt from my email to Jim Watt...

------------
Hi Jim,

We went through some changes here at the office and the final sign off to
enrol in the beta program that was submitted to us (on June 17 via
RightSignature) was obviously never signed for approval. Can you please
resend for approval?

We've also moved entirely to iPhones with a few iPads.
I haven't seen too much activity on your blog (Apr 16th) or the CommitCRM
forums (May 20th) so I was a little concerned about the viability of your
solution. I noticed the most entries to the Interlink beta change log were
date July 27.

Can you also advise us on the current state?
I'm also cc'ing the key members of the our team.
------------

If someone can get in contact with me that would be much appreciated.

November 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
AN-Tech

I also filled out the form and sent several emails over the past month or so with no response.

November 2nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Sorry for any delayed responses, we have been directing resources to a large project deadline. Now that we are past that we are full steam ahead with Interlink. We have made a lot improvements and added additional features that we will be showcasing. Please feel free to email directly at jim@dsghelp.com with any questions.

November 3rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
AN-Tech

Jim,

I have to say that I would be a bit concerned with working with a company that just ignores emails instead of responding back that the project has been put on hold.

November 19th, 2010, 10:26 AM
allendo

Design One Corporation is interested in testing the mobile app for out iPhones. How do we apply and what do you anticipate will be the cost when the product is released.

November 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM
lpopejoy

Is there a production release yet? Blackberry support?

November 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM
jasonspencer

I am interested in potentially buying CommitCRM for my company, but am awaiting response in this thread as to whether an iPhone and Android app exists? any updates?

November 30th, 2010, 08:52 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Interlink update

We have been busy working on Interlink adding features that were needed based on field tests and daily usage as well as we are enhancing the interface to be much more iPad friendly.

Some of the new features that in the current version are as follows:

Client Intake Form (This allows clients to easily submit tickets via a simple web-form)

Client Approver Portal (This allows client IT Approvers to view submitted tickets and approve them with a click of a button. This creates a history note within CommitCRM showing when and by who a ticket was approved by.)

Client Ticket Routing and Notification (So when a pending ticket is approved this will route the ticket to the appropriate engineer, change the status from new to assigned, change the approval from pending to approved, and notify the primary and secondary engineer for an account if selected to.)

Mileage Tracking

QuickBooks Invoice Breakdown (This allows a client to enter their quickbooks invoice number and based on the location/department that was selected in the intake form, it will break down the invoice total by location/department in seconds versus an accounting staff member having to hand code an invoice line by line.)

Contract Hour Consumption Report (This shows monthly contract hours and how much has been used, this shows for all clients assigned to the engineer or for managers shows for all clients company wide. This is displays on one web screen very fast!)

Contract Block Hour Consumption Report (This is the same as above but for blocks of time)

Some Screen Shots

Client Manager

Ticket Manager

Client Manager - Editing Client

Contract Hours Report

We are always looking for serious companies that are interested in testing and using Interlink to better assist them in using CommitCRM CRM remotely. Please send me an email with questions, and I try to respond as quickly as possible. I get a lot of email so I apologize for any delay in responding.

Jim

December 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Little screencast of an integration between Digium Switchvox AA305 PBX and CommitCRM CRM. When a call comes in, we match the inbound caller ID and pull up the matching client record. Displays who the primary and secondary engineer are, contact info, open tickets, map of client location, and ability to create a ticket for the client that called in.

http://vimeo.com/17417937

Contact us if you have any interest of questions,

Jim Watt
Dynamic Solutions Group

December 3rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
natrat

Any news on Android development? I would pay good money for that and am happy to test too.

December 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Since Interlink is a web app, it should work on most modern smartphone browsers. We have test it on the Android Simulator without any issues.

December 4th, 2010, 07:13 PM
natrat

Thanks, i saw that after visiting the site. Is there a free trial? I know you say you give a refund within 30 days but still $499 USD is a lot to shell out to see if it suits, especially for us solo techies. I'd rather jsut test it then pay if it suits, rather than pay up front than have the hassle of refunds etc after that fact.

Theres also close to zero activity on your forums for the product so it kind of feels like I'd be one of the first to buy it which makes me nervous. A free trial would certainly get you a hell of a lot more exposure and take up from the CommitCRM community and I would imagine potentially turn into a lot more sales.

I had thought it would just be an app that interfaced with the CommitCRM web interface but it seems to be much more complex than that in terms of needing its own server to run on.

cheers
nathan

December 4th, 2010, 08:04 PM
lpopejoy

Jim,

Just wondering if you've tested on a Blackberry browser. Looks like very nice work - i'll be getting the prerequisites installed on my server so I can give it a shot. BTW, any install guides available for those server requirements (PHP, etc)?

December 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM
lpopejoy

Answered my own question... Here's the link for anyone else wondering: http://www.dsgdevstudio.com/webapps/...-install-2008/

December 4th, 2010, 08:46 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Nathan,

Wish it was as easy as just connecting to CommitCRM's web interface. We may eventually get to where we can offer a free trial, but since we utilize underlying technologies such as CommitCRM's SQL & ODBC, PHP, and MySQL we didn't feel just unleashing it in a trial made sense at this point.

We have a private forum for beta testers and communicate via email and phone primarily at this point.

Best regards,

Jim

December 6th, 2010, 04:38 AM
natrat

Ok, it's not for me yet then. I can't afford to upgrade to the CommitCRM SQL version and buy the Interlink software in the hope it will suit. Will keep an eye on developments.

December 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Here is a new screencast of our new Client Portal piece of Interlink. This piece provides a simplified way for clients and their employees to submit service requests into CommitCRM from a simple web form.

Once submitted the approver at the client company is notified via email of a pending ticket, which they then log into their web portal and can view, comment, approve or cancel pending ticket requests. Once approved Interlink will create a history note for who approved the ticket with date and time stamp. The ticket is then moved from its pending assignment to any user you choose withinCommitCRM. The status is changed from new to assigned and the approval status from pending to approved.

This creates a document submission and approval process for all work request.

In addition, notifications of pending HIGH and IMMEDIATE level tickets can be sent to a primary and/or secondary engineer as a heads up.

Clients can log into this portal and view and comment on all open tickets for their company as well.

When the client receives their monthly invoice, they can also log into the portal and enter the invoice number in which will provide them a dollar amount breakdown by location/department that the work was associated with when the intake form was filled out. This saves your clients accounting departments untold amounts of time hand coding the invoice line items.

Lot of other workflow improvements are associated with this feature to greatly reduce the time it takes to get tickets created, approved and documented along the entire workflow. Increasing efficiencies and capturing more billable time!

Video Link: http://vimeo.com/17576442

Any questions, please feel free to email jim@dsolutionsgroup.com or visit www.dsolutionsgrop.com

Jim Watt
Dynamic Solutions Group

December 7th, 2010, 03:55 PM
lpopejoy

Good stuff Jim. So basically the way you are heading, we can just plan on replacing the CommitCRM web interface with what you guys are doing? Is that what I'm seeing? Looks very nice. We don't really use ticket "approvers" etc, but still looks like a great interface and very usable.

December 8th, 2010, 07:56 AM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Thanks, but we really are not trying to replace CommitCRM's web interface. Our web side is to make it more ipad friendly and streamline some of the input processes. We deal with some high volume clients as well as SOX regulations and by having a formal intake process with approvals and documented changes through out the entire process really helps with the auditors ; )

Jim

December 8th, 2010, 01:50 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Another screen cast, this time it is for the new Add Ticket interface which works on full browser or iPad.

http://vimeo.com/17612714

Jim Watt
Dynamic Solutions Group

December 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Another screen cast, this one shows adding a new charge into CommitCRM through the Interlink web interface.

http://vimeo.com/17614789

Jim Watt
Dynamic Solutions Group

December 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Another new screen cast, this one is for our new Quick Ticket Search. It's like Google instant search but for CommitCRM tickets.

http://vimeo.com/17616194

Jim Watt
Dynamic Solutions Group

December 11th, 2010, 11:15 AM
caseyd

The videos are looking great, for iPad users. I'm not sure the big cheese will spring for iPads for all the field techs, but this might be a way to coax him... LOL

I believe you had mentioned in an email that your team is planning on transferring some of the functionality to the iPhone (or smaller-screen devices). I gather the existing demo videos of the iPhone interface will remain largely unchanged or will there be improvements there as well?

As we usually have about 6-7 guys on the road at a time, dispatch normally needs to check their calendars for their availability, and who would be the best fit. Within Commit, dispatch can quickly glance at the different calendar view to identify this. In this set up they could only blindly assign a ticket, correct? Is there plans to implement a calendar feature at all?

December 12th, 2010, 07:33 AM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

New iPhone videos will be posted this comimg week. We are busy adding the new features from the iPad version into the iPhone GUI. Specifically, start and end times, contact look up for clients with ability to dial or email from the lookup, improved charge entry efficiencies, and more...

Jim

December 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Here are the links to the latest video demos on our iPhone web app for use with CommitCRM.

Videos
GFI MAX Integration
CommitCRM Calendar Integration
CommitCRM Contact Informaton
CommitCRM Charges
CommitCRM Tickets

Will post more as soon as we make them...

January 5th, 2011, 07:10 PM
caseyd

Looking good!
I had one concern when it comes to "Tap to Select Company"
We have over 1000 companies/accounts listed withinCommitCRM.
Of those 200-300 are relatively active.

The option to scroll to the desired company isn't really practical.
Would there be a consideration to be able to search instead?

January 5th, 2011, 08:07 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

It would not be a problem to a search for client in place of the tap to select. We search as you type in other areas of the system and could quite easily the search to select clients. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Jim

January 6th, 2011, 03:59 AM
nicklloyd

The videos look great, any idea when a release will be available?

Nick

January 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
caseyd

I emailed you last night with some more comments, specifically regarding labor type.
Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Another quick question about primary and secondary engineers specified under a location of a client. We have some higher profile clients that get the luxury of dedicated engineers, otherwise we're hard pressed to have number 1 and 2 person assigned. I gather those drop-downs are option and more like default which can be changed at the time of generating the ticket?

January 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Sorry, I did not receive your email. Please try sending again to jim@dsolutionsgroup.com when you have a moment.

Regarding the primary and secondary engineers - Yes, those are more like defaults and can be changed at time of ticket creation or after wards. What we have been doing internally is actually having a generic CommitCRM user which we use as a holding queue to assign tickets to and then we change that to the actual engineer once it is determined who that will be.

Let me know if you have any additional questions,

Jim

January 6th, 2011, 03:02 PM
caseyd

Hmmm, resent it. It's coming from my "at mbu dot ca" address.

Our process is a little different when it comes to tickets. I've been working on pushing the client submitted ticket approach, but we have dispatch centre that field email and phone requests manually. They feel it allows some quality control as well as connected with a person.

That said, with the Client Intake approach I might have more ammo to convince them to a more automated approach. How do you deal with the Email connector and all its craziness. Emails flying everywhere! It's great if people follow the process, but we found correspondence rarely follows the same email thread (which would keep things connected). People send random emails about the same issue which generate brand new tickets, when they should really be associated with the initial ticket.

Let me know if you still miss out on my email. I'm sending it now.

January 7th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I-Netcs

Ok so you have iPhone support........ any chance of proting the iPhone support for CommitCRM to a Android based phone?

January 7th, 2011, 07:10 AM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Absolutely it will work on Android, we are working to update the CSS so that it displays better on the Android.

January 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I-Netcs

Ok so where do I d/l the app? and how much?

January 7th, 2011, 04:35 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

All the product info and pricing is at www.dsgdevstudio.com or just send me an email at Jim@dsolutionsgroup.com and I can answer any questions you have.

January 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
caseyd

Hey Jim,

I just fired off a quick email regarding the last part of the instructions.
Can you let me know where I can find the private forum for beta testers?
I know you guys have the one forum open, but I don't believe that the place I should be looking seeing as it is empty.

January 11th, 2011, 07:20 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Just a quick post with an updated video link of our Interlink iPhone web calendar for CommitCRM. The latest update adds Day, Week and Month lists, plus you can use date picker to select specific date to view calendar items & details for that date.

Link to Video - Click Here

January 13th, 2011, 09:03 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Android 2.2 and 2.3 are now tested and supported with Interlink.

February 22nd, 2011, 09:11 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

Over a year in the making, thousands of hours of development and testing, great feedback and insight from our beta testers... and now we are proud to announce the release of Interlink for CommitCRM version 1.0. This is no ordinary 1.0 release as we have been using Interlink everyday to run our own PSA Business through-out the development cycle.

We have added a new feedback option directly within Interlink which will allow users to suggest features they want to see in Interlink and by using crowd sourcing we will be able to determine the features that you want most as other users can vote on which suggestions they like best.

Special thank you to our beta testers for great feedback and to the staff of CommitCRM for their awesome support along the way!!!

Visit the online store

February 23rd, 2011, 06:23 AM
Support Team

Thank you! We're always happy to help!

You've done an amazing job and we hear a lot of good things about Interlink for RangerMSP.

Good luck with 1.0.

The RangerMSP Team