RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
nicklloyd

Hi,

I have an issue where if I have a timer running and then go to enter a history note CommitCRM stops responding. I have to kill the process to get it back again, this wasn't always the case so I'm not sure what has changed.

I have seen this both on Win7 and Terminal Services 2008.

Thanks,

Nick

December 8th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Support Team

Hi Nick,

Thanks for posting this question.
We're not familiar with this type of behavior, and haven't received any similar reports to this. We'd like to ask you to send us the RangerMSP log files, accessible from Help > Technical Support, so that we may analyze them to see the cause of this problem.

Once we get the analysis results, we should be able to offer more assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Reno Breen

December 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM
nicklloyd

I have found that I can if I can see the History window I can enter data, but I can't click on the Timer. If I choose 'Go Advanced' on the History window I can then alternate between that window and the timer.

Logs sent.

December 9th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Support Team

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sending us the logs.
The behavior you've described is a normal RangerMSP function. Since you've upgraded to RangerMSP 5.2, your system has incorporated the use of Modal (popup) windows internal to RangerMSP. Once a modal window such as the history window has been opened, the system does not allow accessing the system until that window has been closed. This helps not to forget any windows open/unsaved, while advanced mode allows you to move to other windows.

To resolve this we suggest that if you need to use other functions in RangerMSP while a modal window is open, then you should go advanced so that the window will be maximized, and the system will allow you to use other parts of the software (but, don’t forget about the windows you leave open when working in the background). Alternatively, you can configure RangerMSP to open all modal windows in advanced mode (like previous versions of RangerMSP), by going to Tools > Options > Display tab > Automatically open data entry windows in Advanced mode.

Let us know if this helps.
Regards,
Reno Breen