RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

November 3rd, 2015, 09:15 AM
geoffscholes

I have set up a monthly block of time for a customer
Is it possible to have the excess hrs charged on a second invoice automatically. I have seen this topic has had extensive discussion in the past, and I just wondered if the latest version catered for this scenario

November 3rd, 2015, 09:28 AM
Support Team

Thank you for following up. You have the tools but the system does not do this for you. The reasoning for this been discussed in the other thread but in short it would be risky to automate this as its a very sensitive area where changes may occur until the last minute when invoicing. In any case, we definitely understand the requirement and will try to make it even easier. Thanks for asking.

November 3rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
geoffscholes

Ok I accept that but it must be possible to flag up the block has been used and the system ask you if you want to bill the excess

November 3rd, 2015, 11:25 AM
Support Team

Feedback noted. Also, remember that the system does warn you when you add a charge for an overage contract... and in that time you can mark the Charge as Billable and it'll get invoiced. Anyway, thanks!

May 26th, 2022, 12:55 PM
emedina

If possible, I would like to add to this. I too am billing contracts based on block of time. My issue is that I set up the block of time for x amount for On Site service and X amount of time for Remote service. Each of these is an individual line item with different charges. Unfortunately, the contract groups the billing and tracks the time in under the Labor group only and thus forces me to have to go back to the account at the end of the month to determine what OnSite overage or Remote overage has been reached and flag the excess for billing. Is there a better way?

May 27th, 2022, 06:22 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Block of Time Contracts track the time for all Labor Charges and tracking the amount per specific item indeed is not supported.

You may consider creating separate Contracts for each type of work (On Site/ Remote Services), though it may add some challenges as techs will need to select the relevant Contract based on the Charge they add.

If you will consider trying this method (it has its benefits too), you can configure the Contract custom settings to allow adding only On Site or Remote service Charges by adding an exception for the other item. This will help users selecting the right Contract while adding a Charge.

Hope this helps.