RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Community Sharing Center > Reports
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

June 27th, 2013, 12:39 PM
gcstech

So, I'm new to commitcrm and I'm almost there but I have a QL550 label maker that we want to print labels for... I have the system printing labels BUT... I want to be able to add the label to the dropdown list for the print icon and have it auto print to the label maker (which is not the default printer) how can I do these 2 steps?

June 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Support Team

Ticket details report can be marked to be displayed in the drop down list for the print icon of the Tickets Window. For this select the Ticket details report (that can be a label formatted report) in the list of reports and from the Reports menu select Reports > 'Make Report Available from Tickets Window' option. You may need to re-open any existing Tickets Window for this change to affect. A default printer for a specific report cannot currently be set, we have a request for this on file and we will add your vote to it. Thank you for asking.

Hope this helps.

June 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
gcstech

OK, so now that I've added it to the print list, how do I make the print list ask which printer to send the print job to... instead of sending it to default printer.

July 1st, 2013, 06:02 AM
Support Team

You can use Print Preview button instead of direct print button. Then, when printing from the preview Window you will be able to select the printer in the printer dialog window. As mentioned the post above you cannot currently permanently attach a printer to a report and Windows default is used by default.

Hope this helps.