RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 9th, 2013, 05:40 AM
natrat

hi CommitCRM dudes and dudettes,

The next Australian version of Quickbooks is out and has been re-branded as Reckon Accounts 2013 (see email below). It appears to be the same product. Do you guys know if CommitCRM will still integrate ok with it? Or has anyone in Oz installed it and checked?

ta
nathan

Dear Nathan
The Reckon Accounts 2013 business range of products (formerly called QuickBooks) has just been released. We will send you your upgrade DVD within the next two weeks.

We're also pleased to advise that Reckon Accounts Pro 2013 now comes with two user licences, allowing installation on two PCs. In a network environment, two staff members will now be able to work on your datafile simultaneously. Or you may prefer to install the software on both your work PC and your laptop or at home.

We recommend that you install your upgrade as soon as possible to take advantage of enhanced features and to be prepared for the tax table update for Reckon Accounts 2013 planned for release in June.
You will notice that there are still some references to the "QuickBooks" name in the software. We plan to have all these references updated by the next major release in September 2013. For more information about the name change, view our video:

If you have any queries, or if you have not received your upgrade by 19 April 2013, please contact us on 1800 RECKON (1800 732 566) or customerservice@reckon.com.au.
Kind Regards

Pete Sanders
General Manager
Small Business Division

Last edited by natrat : April 9th, 2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: added "Australian" to subject

April 9th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. In this post Reckon wrote:

Quote:
What does the name change mean for QuickBooks users?

It's the same product with a new name. If you use QuickBooks, when you upgrade you'll notice the new Reckon Accounts name is now used in the product, on the packaging and in the supporting material.

This name change is part of our plan to bring our extensive range of products and services under the Reckon brand name which we expect will make it easier for you to recognise what products and services we offer.
As far as we can tell from this it is a name change only, a marketing/branding move, and that from technical perspective it is, in their words "...the same product". This means that it should all work perfectly well as it has so far.

We also believe that they see a lot of business from integrated products. We know many of our Australian customers migrated to QuickBooks from MYOB because of the integration with QuickBooks. It is probably against their interest to break anything technically.

Hope this helps.

April 25th, 2013, 12:42 AM
bigtoneloc

Hi Nathan, I'm in Oz too. We switched from MYOB because of the CommitCRM integration. We pay for the annual Reckon subscription license which means that you have to keep installing the new version. In some cases they will give you a key to keep the old version going but you have to move forward right? They sent me a CD of Reckon Accounts 2013 which I just installed and it upgraded my quickbooks file after a backup. I haven't fully tested the integration but I however generate an invoice in CommitCRM and it appeared in Reckon Accounts without a hitch as it allways does. Good luck! T.