RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 26th, 2013, 07:51 AM
sudogreg

we have setup the forward email to our support email as client="client name" and it created the ticket in the clients name, for about 20% of our tickets that get entered go in 100% correctly with the entire body of the email being entered into the ticket, while the other 80% simply show the subject client="client name".

they all get entered in as the correct client so this part is working, and we followed the guide to change the mimetype for office365 for both sending and receiving as shown here.

what are we missing that 80% of the forwards are still not working? i have tried converting the email to plain text but the format of the email seems to have no correlation weather it works or not, some html emails work fine

November 26th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Support Team

This is an unusual one that we haven't come across before. Do you include the "< The textual email content cannot be displayed. No text/plain section found. Use the ‘Show Original’ option to view the message in your email client application >" section in the Ticket description?

A possible solution would be to try removing the header of the original email (that appears in the body) before forwarding to the Email Connector.

November 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
sudogreg

not sure i understand the first question about show original.

removing the header - not possible since most of the forwards are done from our cell phones. what we do is as soon as we get an email from a client, we forward it to our support email connector, and all that works perfectly, but the body usually gets fubar'd. i just tested with about 5 emails and only 1 worked as it is supposed to. we can look under resolution\history tab and we see the email connector note that we can 2x click on and it opens the email in outlook for viewing, but we really need the email body to show in the ticket

November 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
sudogreg

here is a sample of what we get in the ticket preview window
http://i.imgur.com/aSLQCcY.png

November 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
sudogreg

and here is one that worked properly.
http://i.imgur.com/SAzJODA.png

November 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Support Team

Thanks for including the screenshot. This means that RangerMSP did not receive a textual part of the email and therefore it is not listing it!

The thread that you mentioned above suggests verifying that Exchange is configured as HtmlAndTextAlternative + IMPORTANT: to
Set-RemoteDomain Default -TNEFEnabled $false

Check the other thread and see the update from racassel on how to configured it. This should work.

November 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
sudogreg

ok, checked this part - our support@ email address is snipped below
http://i.imgur.com/mXaeeJl.png

November 26th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Support Team

Thanks, however, we cannot really help with Exchange configuration however we can guarantee that once it'll include the plain text part for all email messages the issue will get resolved. It's not common but it happens and it is configurable.

Did you run:
Set-RemoteDomain Default -TNEFEnabled $false

as suggested by Racassel? (check the other forum carefully).

November 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
sudogreg

went through and verified that the default domain and even created a new remotedomain as and set it to false as well. will test shortly.

November 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM
sudogreg

tested and getting same result as before.

November 26th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Support Team

I suspect that you'll have to check this with the reps in Microsoft or maybe someone here can assist. As soon as email will include the textual part it will work.

Please keep us posted.

November 26th, 2013, 01:00 PM
sudogreg

now here is one that works just fine, why do some work and others dont?
http://i.imgur.com/0wdpY67.png

November 26th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Support Team

Any email message that has the text/plain part is nicely processed because this is the part that is taken and is displayed. Any email should have it but unfortunately some servers remove it in some scenarios.