RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 30th, 2013, 10:31 AM
pops1000uk

Hi Support, do you have plans on next release to upgrade the web interface to touch or make it easier to use?

If not i am afraid i will be jumping ship, i am using more onsite then off site

September 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
sudogreg

same here...

September 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Support Team

The Web interface can be used with touch and does not necessarily requires a traditional mouse, yet it's not a native app. Anyway, you guys know that we always enhance and expand based on requests we received from our users. We will take a note of this. Thanks for asking.

September 30th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Stanley Ng

Same goes to here, hope web interface can be improve! :) but I will not jump ship...Commit Support are so good!

October 1st, 2013, 02:48 AM
pops1000uk

not arguing about support, yes they are top! just the web interface!

October 6th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Gjeret

Just as a FYI,
I jumped ship to go to Autotask because of the web interface.
After paying $5/mo per user per month for a mobile app that did not work or using the web interface that required way too much scrolling on an iPad's Safari, we went back to CommitCRM.

While we use the web interface when we need to, we normally use iTap RDP to RDP into a Terminal Server here at the office to put in time

Would I love a mobile app, you betcha,
but the grass is not always greener

October 7th, 2013, 03:42 AM
BDTECHRob

I would love to see some improvement in the Web interface. The whole thing is quite cumbersome and dated looking. Granted looks aren't everything but simple improvements would help.
One of the biggest complaints I get from my tech's is that when they log in from their ipad it defaults to the mobile interface and they have to switch to the full version, surely this could be remembered each time?
Another is the accounts tab showing all contacts instead of just the accounts. How about the new features like copying the charge notes to resolution on completion of a ticket, this doesn't work from the Web interface. And finally why must we have two user names and passwords? Can't both client and Web version look at the same account?
It would be great if you could add features like a client password manager so we could securely store all our client data in CommitCRM and access it from the client site securely. I'm sure all this would have been mentioned before however it would be nice to see some improvement in the next update

October 7th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this and suggesting some useful options. We definitely can see how these improvements may help.

Please find our feedback:
Default mobile view in Web Interface is set when mobile browser is in use, there is no user preference for this.
The Web Interface functionality is different than RangerMSP Windows client application and the Winodows client is indeed sometimes ahead of the Web Interface when new features are introduced.
As for using the same user account - please note, that password is not mandatory to log in to the client application, but it is required when configuring Web user, yet the question is good and we will consider how/if we can change that.

Password Manager - this feature is already on our list, we will add your vote.

Thanks.

October 10th, 2013, 03:50 AM
hayden

Use the mobile view on your desktops/ipads. It's far better than the default web interface.

But it does really need a *huge* amount of work.

October 24th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Mister-c

The majority of my work is mobile and I found the web interface too cumbersome also. So much so that I've actually switched to another piece of software who have a mobile app that works well. Due to the investment I've made with CommitCRM though I'd be back at the drop of a hat if a much more mobile friendly or dedicated app were released.

October 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM
raymond

We are just starting to crank up using the web interface with windows tablets. I gave up on this years ago but the need is so great -- we MUST have some way to easily interface with CommitCRM from the field.

Mister-C, are you using a bolt on for CommitCRM or a separate product. I've seen others mention alternative interfaces that dovetail into CommitCRM but I'm super nervous about adding more complexity to the equation.

//ray

October 24th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mister-c

Ray, I've put CommitCRM on the back burner for the moment and I'm using Helpdesk, which works very well for me. It doesn't have quite the amount of features as CommitCRM but as I'm a one man show, I didn't use them all anyway. I do keep checking back here though and I'm sure sooner or later an update will tempt me to try again.