RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
lassenpc

Hello All,

On Nov 28th our email connector stopped sending out alerts to customers on new tickets and closed tickets.

I have verified that under Options->Alerts to Customers is checked ON; I have gone through serverconfig.exe and tested Outgoing mail server settings, the test email does send with no issues, and is received with no issues.

On the Email connector tab, when doing 'Test Server Settings' it passes / successful with no issues. Email Connector Status in 'ON'.

I've checked the Spam folder of the receiving email account to make sure, and it's not there.

I have logged into the actual account we use to send (we use Google Apps for Business), and the email (new/closed tickets) are not showing up there either; before, it would at least be there in the 'sent' category.

The only thing I can think of that changed on Nov 28th was I added 2 employee licenses. These are the first two that have been added to our license.

Each employee does have listed there own email address (In the Employee Section)that does not conflict with the 'Public Email Address'

I'm sure it's something simple somewhere.. some dang checkbox or something, but I am unawares as to where to go from here.

I am welcome to try any suggestions; (especially from anyone also using Google Apps - not that I wouldn't from others though) thank you in advance for your time!

December 12th, 2012, 07:15 PM
lassenpc

Additional info that may (or may not) be important.

When viewing the Tickets window, with Resolution/History tab chosen, underneath that is the Audit history, message history charge history and so forth by each employee; For employees, the 'Email Connector' is listed as the employee that had sent out tickets (before it stopped working).

Now that it's not working, there are no history notes of the employee 'Email Connector' after Nov. 28th for any tickets.

December 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Support Team

Please review the following:

1. Verify, using the ServerConfig utility, that Alert Server status is ON.
Also - do you see any pending transactions to be scanned in the alerting queue? (You can see this at the bottom of Alert Server tab while using ServerConfig).

2. Can you test that email alerts for employees work?
When you do verify that:
You perform an update using user X, an update that user Y should be notified about (based on user's Y alerting preferences - Tools > Options > Alerts tab when logged in with user Y credentials).

3. Is the problem only related to a specific account? if so, please veify that no one disabled alerts to this specific account.

Please post back and let us know how it goes.

December 13th, 2012, 08:12 AM
lassenpc

1. Verified in ServerConfig utility that Alert Server Status is ON. Checked Current number of Events in Queue: 0

2. Testing employee email alerts; Under Options-> Alerts for employee (Me) Status is ON; Alerts to be sent to Email1:(my email address) Correct; Account manager alerts, Ticket manager alerts, Tickets opened / closed are all ON; Calendar Appts and Tasks OFF.

Logged in as other employee (#2), Opened new ticket with our test account; made a history note; closed ticket.

Received pop-up dialog box containing:
=============================================
12/13/2012 03:36

POP3 error -ERR SslHandshake EAccessViolation Access violation at address 10052FD7 in module 'LIBEAY32.dll'. Read of address 50554F5A
Error Code Received from your POP3 Mail Server: 500
This code is returned from your mail server. It is NOT a CommitCRM error code.
If you are not familiar with this error code please run a Web search to learn more about it.
Failed while trying to connect to your POP3 mail server.

Solution:
------------
Verify that the mail server is running.
Run the CommitCRM Server Configuration utility (<server>\CommitCRM\Server\ServerConfig.exe), review your settings and run the configuration tests.
Once you handle the above issue, restart CommitServer service so another pop attempts will occur.
For more information visit CommitCRM online support resources at Support
and then this one:============================================== ==============
12/12/2012 5:23:29 PM

If you are not familiar with this error code please run a Web search to learn more about it.

Error Code Received from your Mail Server: 10061

This code is returned from your mail server. It is NOT a CommitCRM error code.

500 Connection refused (Winsock error #10061)

Failed while trying to connect your mail server.

Solution:
------------
Verify that the mail server is running.

Run the CommitCRM Server Configuration utility (<server>\CommitCRM\Server\ServerConfig.exe), review your settings and run the configuration tests.

Once you handled the above issue, restart CommitServer service so another Send attempt will occur.
------------------------------------
================================================== =========================

Did not receive email alert (looking at above, gosh, I wonder why…..)

From here, checked services.msc to verify CommitServer service running; CommitServer service NOT running. It is set to 'Automatic'. Started service.

Attempt new ticket again, opened, add history note, close. Checked status of CommitServer service, OFF.

The other pop-up errors aside, the CommitServer service is not staying on. Now the question is, is the CommitServer service being shut down by the above errors - or is it being that CommitServer is not running that is causing the above errors? Or something else entirely?

Oh, #3 - Problem not related to a specific employee or client account, affecting all employee and all client accounts.

I'll scour through the forums on CommitServer issues and see what I can come up with, while awaiting any further suggestions from you guys. Thank you!

December 13th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the detailed information. It seems like there are several issues here. Please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to email us your log files with Outlook and we will continue from there.

December 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
lassenpc

RESOLVED. Huzzah! Support staff were able to analyze the logs and pinpoint the issue; CommitServer service now operating normally and all email alerts to clients / employees working. Thanks guys!

December 20th, 2012, 09:55 AM
sudogreg

what was the root of the problem?

December 20th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Support Team

It was related to the handshake with the mail server for a specific email message in queue.