RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 20th, 2016, 05:57 AM
sam.otago

I trying to get the web api up and running. On the CommitCRM server, I ran the command "commitserver.exe -install" to install the service, and I see the service is installed and running.

However, I can see using netstat that nothing is listening on port 4964. I haven't changed the default config files.

What am I missing?

September 20th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The Web API relies on the RangerMSP Server service that provide its services once it is licensed, e.g. in case you have a license for any of these modules: Email Connector, Alerts server for customers, Alerts server for employees, Report scheduler for customers or Report scheduler for employees. Please contact us directly by email and we will check the licenses your company owns.

Hope this helps.

September 21st, 2016, 03:02 PM
sam.otago

I thought I'd clarify for others that you do indeed need to purchase one of the other licensed modules to use Web API.

WEB API IS NOT FREE/INCLUDED.

September 21st, 2016, 10:58 PM
Support Team

The Web API is totally free and we do not charge anything for it. To use it there need to be a server side component that listens to it and accepts Web connections - and this is implemented by the RangerMSP Server. For the server to run one needs to have at least one of the modules that supports it - the email connector, alerts server for employees (or the one for customers) or report scheduler for employees (or the one for customers).

When using the API libraries C#/VB.NET/C++ or the low level API programming option there is no other technical requirement and you do not need anything else to run and/or accept connections besides your own custom developed app.