RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 13th, 2012, 06:03 PM
itognet

Hi Commit,

I have created a new tab for assets (which creates a new table in the database)

I have also created some new fields on that new tab
For example:
Field XXX having Tech. Rec ID FLDUSRASTYXZHSYF1RGL (the internal field name in the table)

I can update this field by api/email just by using this line:
<FLDUSRASTYXZHSYF1RGL>My data for field XXX</FLDUSRASTYXZHSYF1RGL>

Question:
As a developer, how can I make my software 'ready' for other CommitCRM CRM Installations.
I am asking this, because if tab and fields is created in a other CommitCRM CRM installation, them the internal field names in the table will be named something completely else. And my update line will fail.

Q1: Do you have any guidelines for this?

Q2: It is possible to have the custom fields named something like the system fields fx. FLDUSRXXX ?

Q3: Do you have any documentation, source files or anything else especially for developers other than the stuff available on the public support/forum area ?

December 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Support Team

Click to read all about developers API.
Custom fields are personal for each installation and therefore you should not assume or build-on the fact that other users will have the same field IDs. What you should do is to have a Window/.ini file in your plug-in where the end user can teach your plugin the IDs of the custom fields they created.

Hope this helps.