RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 10th, 2012, 04:09 PM
nattivillin

Following a discussion I had on here about stopping the pop up when a contract is over its allotted time, we created some contracts that were global instead. This has turned into a huge mess.

We cant quickly tell who is over their allotted time and now we have to issues correct bills. While that is neither here nor there, how can i change the contracts from global to block?

December 11th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Support Team

You should create the Block Contracts you used to work with again and update the Charges' Contract to reflect this. There is no way around it.

December 11th, 2012, 06:18 PM
nattivillin

This is a very crappy solution. This will be much time to be wasted on our end.

December 12th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Support Team

We're not sure what you're trying to say. From what we understand you used the wrong type of the core contract in order to test how it works... you weren't satisfied with the results of your test and you now want to go back and use the system in original (right) way. Changing the core type of a contract isn't possible and we do not see any reason to spend any resources to support it as it's far from being a common requirement (I cannot recall a similar request). Anyway, thanks for asking.

December 12th, 2012, 07:02 AM
lpopejoy

nattivillin, Not sure if it would work for you - but can you just run a report (Detailed Account Charges by Contracts, maybe) and exclude contract-price charges?

I believe the report above could be modified to just show a summary by account & contract of billed charges - so basically just give you a total by each contract of an account.

December 12th, 2012, 08:39 PM
nattivillin

I only did the test as a recommendation fromCommitCRM. I wanted to suppress the alerts that this contract is over hours.

I went through and moved all the charges and info from one contract to another. An hour or so lost that I will not get back.