RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
louplooney

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has setup CommitCRM with the dymo labelwriter 400.
I want to use it for customer labels plus if a client leaves some hardware in for repair.
I want the label to have client acc no , name, date , and fault,
Any help much appreciated.

December 9th, 2009, 08:07 PM
lpopejoy

Were you thinking of sticking the label on the computer as a permanent fixture? I've thought of doing that, but not sure if client's would appreciate it - so I've not done it. But sounds like a good idea...

--Luke

December 9th, 2009, 08:07 PM
lpopejoy

Would this not work (or a variation of it): here

December 10th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
When printing to label printers, there are usually two options for how to transfer the info to the printer.

1) RangerMSP has a label report collection, which you can redesign to fit your needs. All you need to do is select a label with the correct sticker dimensions (or adjust the page size of one that does not match), and arrange the data as you want it to be displayed. Once you have the label prepared, you should be able to print the report directly to the label printer as you would to a standard printer. Just click trigger the label (report) to be printed, and reselect the label printer.

2) The second method involves exporting the information that you want on the label to a csv file, and use the label printer software to print labels for each line in the csv file.

For more information regarding Report customization, please click here.

Let us know if you have any questions on this topic.

With Regards,
Neta

December 11th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Support Team

Quick Update on printing DYMO labels:

With the release of RangerMSP 6.1 some new Asset Label Reports for DYMO Printers were added and adjusted specifically for DYMO printers. These reports better support the DYMO printers requirements and size, so you do not need to design your own reports for this.

These new reports can be used to easily print labels with your DYMO printer. All reports can be further adjusted and customized by copying the report and designing it as mentioned above.

The new label reports can be found in the Reports Window, in the Assets category > all reports starting with ‘Asset Label...’.

Enjoy!

The RangerMSP Support Team.