RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 15th, 2017, 05:17 AM
networkn

Hi There!

We are very close to pressing the button on switching from another PSA. We love CommitCRM!

The last remaining question, is really, how the heck do we get the data from our existing CRM which isn't a well known product, but is based on SQL and we have access to the backend.

We have not trialed the SQL version of CommitCRM, but I gather it's Advantage SQL. I am not sure how easy it is to access the CCRM data directly from within the DB. (Does it have an equivalent of the MS SQL management studio?)

I know there is an API but I am struggling to know where I can go to cost effectively write a tool to convert between the two products.

The information I need to migrate across is:

Accounts (Generally organization) with all secondary contacts (with all their details), including all the key fields etc. Our old system used activities which is all the notes, phone calls, phone messages, and passwords. I assume that matches to history notes, and we would need to make equivalent types)

We don't need to bring across tickets as we will start this fresh in CCRM as of a specific date.

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

September 15th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Support Team

Thanks for posting, maybe others will chime in but in any case, please find some feedback -

You can import all accounts at once, and then all secondary contacts at once. When importing the contacts you need to map the customer name / account column to the contact.account field - as a result - when the secondary contacts are imported if an account with this name already exists in RangerMSP it'll create the contact as a secondary contact under this account unlike create a new account.

Once you have SQL it is a straight forward process to connect to it over ODBC from any tool that you use, please note, however, that ODBC is meant for read only purposes so it won't be useful for data import. Use the built in tools for this, or the API to import history notes. You may outsource the notes import utility to a contractor from sites like upwork.com where you should be able to get reasonable deals.

Hope this helps.