RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
lpopejoy

Periodically I get an email with a bunch of screenshots and attachments. Instead of just using the Outlook Toolbar to create a ticket, I would like to actually have the original email attached to the ticket.

I know I can drag the email to the ticket. That tends to really clutter up the client documents folder though. Is there a way, grammatically, or other to actually put that email in the Commit\emails\ folder and have CommitCRM treat it like it was an email that was sent in by the email connector - as in attached to the ticket the same way.

Does this all make sense? If there is a way to automate this with the API, then it would be awesome to add this to the Outlook Toolbar.

August 7th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Support Team

Perhaps you could send it by CC or BCC to the Email Connector with the Ticket number in the subject. It will then be saved in Ticket History and you can then use "Show Original" to view all the attachments.

Hope it helps

August 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
lpopejoy

This actually works really well. Thanks! Don't know why I never thought of that before!

August 8th, 2013, 06:09 AM
AN-Tech

Here is what I do....

In Outlook I have two accounts open, my account as well as the email connector account. This way when someone emails me directly instead of our email connector address I can just move the email in Outlook from my inbox to the email connectors inbox. When CommitCRM checks the inbox it sees the email and processes it as if the customer sent it to the email connector directly.

August 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM
raymond

We do what CommitCRM recommneds -- simply create a new ticket, grab the ticket number, open the email and edit the subject (remove the "FW:" and append [TKT-0500-12345]), removed the message forwarding stuff that gets added in the email proper and CC it to our helpdesk email.

Ascendnet, that's a great solution but we don't let anyone touch the inbound mailbox in fear that someone may goof something and accidentally delete a request (or worse, something happes with caching and the mailbox gets hosed somehow).

cheers --

//ray

August 21st, 2013, 03:20 AM
hayden

yeah, if you use exchange, add the email account to Outlook and drop the email in to the account inbox. Very handy.

You can send all emails to the connector with the ticket number in the subject line and it gets picked up.