RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 16th, 2018, 07:01 AM
HickoryComputer

Hello! Our shop migrated away to connectwise about 2 years ago mostly because the mobile and web use on CommitCRM was so clunky and new and also because we really liked the fact that they had all the nice training for our staff and integrations with several of our other vendors as well as the tight integration with labtech, which we also bought as part of the package at the same time.

The investment was huge, both from a financial and time perspective.

Fast forward to now and while Connectwise is a very powerful product, its also super expensive and not perfect. The integrations that sort of "pushed us over the edge" dont work well.. so we dont even use them as this point, The support is frustrating and the cost is getting hard to swallow.. Our bill is around $600/month right now.

So the reason for my post, is to find out if anyone has experience or recommendations on making the switch back to CommitCRM? I know switching to ConnectWise was fairly easy.. but based on my research thus far its looking like switching away will be much more painful.

One thought I had was historical data retention... With CommitCRM I just left it on our server and we still go back to it occasionally.. with ConnectWise I dont think we will be able to do that which means either migrate the data, lose it or continue paying for at least one license for years?

Thoughts?

October 16th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. We will be happy to service you again.

Users migrating from all different systems usually export their data from their other system and import it into RangerMSP.

RangerMSP includes built-in tools to import Accounts, Contacts, Tickets, Assets, Items, History Notes and Documents. You can import from Excel and CSV text files and the format is flexible - the import wizard will lets you match the columns from you data file to the data fields in RangerMSP. Additional data may be synced from Outlook (calendar, tasks, contacts) as well as from QuickBooks (Desktop and Online editions).
Finally, you can attach exported data that you only need for reference, like old invoices, as documents under the relevant customers.

In any case, we're here to assist.

Hope this helps.

October 17th, 2018, 03:08 PM
lpopejoy

For the record, we've built a plugin for Labtech (ConnectWise Automate) & CommitCRM. And since I'm betting you are right up the road from us, we could probably set it up over coffee one day. :) Cost is $39/mo