RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 4th, 2007, 04:16 AM
ABC HIPS

I need to keep a record of all products provided by our suppliers. I need to represent the type of product used, which ticket it was used for, the cost of the product, and the supplier details.

I need to create reports at the end of each week displaying the above information.

I was previously told to add history noted under "Supplier Account".

I can't find the "supplier account" in CommitCRM or in the help documents.

Many Thanks

December 4th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Support Team

Hi,

By "Supplier Account" we mean a regular RangerMSP Account, with contact details, etc. of type "Supplier" in the Account record "Type" field which represents your supplier's company. You can add History Notes or Charges to this Account in order to follow up on activity with this supplier.

From your description, I believe you may prefer working with Assets rather than Charges or History Notes in this case. The reason is you wish to keep quite a lot of information and details per part which is purchased from each vendor. This will also allow you to track the service history of each part you purchase from the vendor.

What I suggest is as follows:

1. For each part you purchase from your vendor, create an Asset record inRangerMSP. Each Asset can contain details such as the Serial Number, Version, License Codes , Price, Warranty details and more.
2. Each Asset record can be linked to a specific Account (in the "General" tab of the Asset), which is the customer which actually purchased the part.
3. In addition, each Asset can be linked to the Vendor (which is the Supplier's Account in RangerMSP) in the "Vendor/Manufacturer" tab of the Asset.
4. Note that you can also link the Ticket to this Asset. Usually Tickets are linked to Assets when the problem which is reported is related to a specific Asset, in order to track the service history of the Asset.

You can then view the Assets list and filter the it by Vendor (in the Assets window, select "Vendor" in the "Find:" field and then select the relevant vendor).
You can also create Assets reports and filter by the relevant vendor Account (in the report's "Expand" part).

I hope this makes more sense now. You can read some more about Assets on our site here on this, or search this forum.

Eitan