RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 13th, 2016, 11:26 AM
TickerTape

When I first created an account on a newly installed system (trial), I synced it to my Outlook Tasks, Appointments, and Calendar. Then, I created an account for myself and found I could not sync these items because a sync was already set. I unchecked the sync requests in the first account, but that didn't allow me to sync on the second. It seems to remember the initial setting.

Is there a way to tell the system I don't want to sync with one account any longer and sync with another?

April 13th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Support Team

I hope that I was following you here - Each RangerMSP employee user can select to sync with any Outlook Contacts/Calendar/Tasks folders. Each user can then change the folders that they sync with and sync with other folders, for instance if you've just started to work with a new profile and decided to use a new set of folders in Outlook for whatever reason. However, once an Outlook folder was synced with RangerMSP it is connected to the syncing user and such a folder cannot be synced by another user even after the original user unselect to sync with such folders. There is no way around it and one of the reasons behind it is that record identifiers of calendar appointment records are linked to the user calendar - the user selected in RangerMSP. If you've just started, you may rename the original user account to your name and use it for your account while creating another user account for the other user.

Hope this helps.

April 13th, 2016, 01:50 PM
AN-Tech

Just out of curiosity are we going to run into the same thing when we move from an in-house exchange server to a hosted exchange provider? I really don't want to have to create a 2nd Commit user account just because we moved exchange servers.

April 13th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Support Team

No, this is NOT the same case and there is NO problem to connect your existing RangerMSP users with another Exchange folder. The problem mentioned above is different.

In regards to your plans, switching to a hosted Exchange, this should work fine, however, many times internal IDs in Outlook/Exchange are lost during the transition and this might create duplicate records, so the right way to do it is to sync RangerMSP data into the new, and empty, hosted Exchange folders. The dup problem might only arise when you copy your calendar from your local Exchange and to the hosted Exchange and then sync the already-synced-with-RangerMSP (but a copy) data again with RangerMSP.

Hope this helps.

April 14th, 2016, 01:57 PM
AN-Tech

That's interesting I would have expected opposite to occur if there was going to be a duplicate record issue. I would have thought if I sync'd to an empty database then copied over records it would then view those as new and create the duplicates.

April 14th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Support Team

I'm not 100% following you here but in short if you'll sync RangerMSP with new Exchange folders (empty ones), then data will be copied/synced from RangerMSP and to the new Exchange folders (hosted @ the provider), and from now on they'll sync to/from RangerMSP and Outlook/Exchange. This way no duplicates should occur, unlike with copying the data to the new Exchange folder and only then try to sync it with RangerMSP.