RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 16th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Rohizam

Hi, when i generate a report for charges, even though i marked the charges as non-billiable and uncheck the include non-billable in the summary, the report still shows the type and the description of the non-billable items except that the price is empty.

Would it be better if not to have the description or the charge type in the report if i already mark it as non-billable.

Is there a way that the non-billable items not reflecting at all on the charges summary?

I mean it defeats the purpose to reflect the items and description when i already put the charges as non-billable and uncheck the include non billable items in summary.

Any suggestions?

December 16th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this behavior. There seems to be a minor bug in the charge reports filter; I've passed your comments to the QA team, so that this behavior can be properly addressed for future versions of RangerMSP.

In the mean time, we suggest adding a value (Not-Billable) to the Field1 field in the new charge window, and select that value when adding non-billable charges. Later on when you generate your technician service form, you can filter out the charges that have the Not-Billable value in Field1.

This should allow you to generate reports without the charges you've set as Not-Billable.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Neta

December 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Rohizam

Hi, i had the value "Not-Billable" to Field1 and select it on the charge window that i do not want to be reflected. But how do i filter out?

I still can see the non-billable charges

December 17th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting the update.
When generating a Technician service form, the filtering options in the technician service form are somewhat different than in the rest of the charge reports, since this report mixes ticket & charges details.

When using any charge report except the technician service forms, you will have the option to filter the charges to not show the options marked as not-billable in the field1 field.

As for the Billable flag not offering any filterability, as I mentioned in the previous post, I've created a bug report, and we hope to have it resolved in subsequent versions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Reno Breen

December 17th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Support Team

Hi,

The Include Not-Billable Charges in summary does not actually remove not-billable charges from the technicians service form, for the reason that non-billable charges are usually reported to your customers. This allows your customer to keep better track of the work that you put into a ticket, so that your work receives better appreciation.

We also wanted to point out the option to add a static note to your technician service report that states the fact that the summary of the charges (Total $) only includes values taken from billable charges. so that they understand that the service form clearly stated the total to be paid.

Regards,
Reno Breen