No announcement yet.

Remote Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Remote Control

Natrat your right It's just a shame about the cost.

I would love to use logmein Rescue but the price is stupid.

around 1000 - 1200 € a year

Comment

LogMeInRescue is the best thing since sliced bread. We use it on our helpdesk and have a bunch of licenses. It's only worth while if you are doing many remote calls per day.

I'll say this again though, nothing comes close. I tested many products before I purchased LogMeIn about 2 years ago. It is a huge cost, but I wouldn't think about it like that. Think how much your clients will love you for seamless, instant support...

The custom app you can build is win. Build as msi, deploy to domain. Also auto updates.

Comment

We use Logmein Central. Got a great introduction price of $199.99 for the first year. I realize the software must be setup on their computer prior to us remoting in, and we install it on everyones manchine before they leave (with their permission).

For new customers we were using CrossLoop but it was becoming difficult for our older clients. Then I was introduced to www.join.me. This service is amazing. You and the customer go to join.me and th customer clicks on 'Share' and the software auto-loads and gives them a code for you to type in. Perfect!

Comment

We use TeamViewer and are very happy with it. We install TeamViewer Host (which now support Mac OS X) on servers (mostly) for unattended support.

We are looking at Bomgar because it allows you to transfer support sessions between engineers, and it stores videos of support session which are useful for training and when there are disputes with customers. Also, because all communication goes through the devices, it is more secure.

Comment

SimpleHelp is what we use, it is Java based, cheap and brandable.

Comment

I've seen it mentioned a couple times, but we use ScreenConnect as well. It works great for us. Switched from GoToAssist about a year ago and haven't looked back - was paying way too much for that. The intial setup was a little shaky as we had to get them to help with port forwarding and it was flagging my AV- but after that has worked great. Also, drlogic, SC released the tech transfer feature a couple releases back. We have an unlimited license so have utilized that feature quite a bit, very nice. They are continuing to build the software as it is younger than something like Bomgar and GTA, but they seem to listen to their users and have a good forum (community) for support.

Comment

We use ScreenConnect also and never looked back.

Tyler Pritchard
                MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, CCNA
                Network Concepts

Comment

drlogic: LogMeInRescue does all that.

Comment

Working...
                  X