Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you monitor your business production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How do you monitor your business production?

Does anyone currently track daily/monthly/yearly financial numbers for your IT business? Eg. production by day/month/tech, collections, hours worked by tech by day/month, etc. QuickBooks already tracks expenses, but I mean production of your company.

From a business stand point, this is very important and I'm sad I haven't focused on this more sooner. I'm creating a spreadsheet for tracking but would love to know what anyone else is doing already and how.

Re: How do you monitor your business production?

Wish it was easy to do. A ton of number crunching. Productivity is hard to quantify. I go LCD and do a basic hours worked / systems repaired. Easy for the in-store techs.

For on-site it is billed hourly so i just make sure we are finishing jobs in reasonable time frames. If i see higher than expected bills for repairs i ask why.

Comment

Re: How do you monitor your business production?

We track this but our programmers pull data from the database and provide hours billed vs worked and percentages per day with goals per week etc... I would be interested to see what others minimum % per day is. We are currently requiring 56% for most techs. I have heard from 50-80% but we have a hard time with other overhead getting higher.

Comment

Working...
      X