RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
swallservices

Often we need to go back and find an old ticket to re-open. The easiest way to find the ticket would be to show all of the ticket filtered by a secondary contact. Unfortunately looking at the tickets name in the account module shows the all the tickets for the account instead of just the selected contact and the tickets module provides a filter by contact in addition to by account, but this filter doesn't list any of the secondary contacts. This makes trying to find an old ticket for a specific employee in an account with lots of tickets and employees virtually impossible.

I found an old thread that says this is supposed to be possible as of 5.1 but I can't figure out how to do it for the life of me. What's the best way to find tickets by their secondary contact?

Regards,

Justin Swall

November 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Support Team

Hi Justin,

Thanks for posting this.
The dropdown menu doesn't allow displaying of secondary contacts. In order to filter the ticket list by the Secondary Contact field, please use the magnifying glass located on the dropdown bar, once Contact has been selected as the Find Criteria.
This will display a small popup, with a list of all your accounts & contacts, that you can select your secondary contact from for the filter.

Let us know if this helps.

Reno Breen