No announcement yet.

DNN (DotNetNuke) Security/Sync Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DNN (DotNetNuke) Security/Sync Provider

We use DNN for our website due to its endelss capabilities, and ease of use and administration. We would like our clients to have a single sign on to both CommitCRM Web Interface and DNN. Is anyone interested in a module for DNN that would connect to CRM to provide that functionality?

I think it could be inexpensive to take an off the shelf ODBC security provider module and have a developer modify it to poll the CommitCRM database.

I see it working like this....

At a set periodic interval DNN polls the CommitCRM web login database and updates/creates/deletes account usernames and passwords in DNN thus performing an account sync function.

We would add "roles" to a table (these would be checkboxes in Commit) When it polls the contacts table, it updates/creates/deletes roles in DNN as well. If it is checked in CRM then the user is a member of the role in DNN, and if not then it removes them from the role in DNN. Remove the field from CommitCRM and it's removed from DNN

CRM is master and always wins, so it is a one-way sync, and can't modifyCommitCRM. To update/add the DNN roles or accounts, it is always done inCommitCRM.

Ideally, the sync would distinguish between accounts and roles created in CRM so as not to prohibit management via DNN. However, accounts and roles created in DNN would never show or be managed by CRM, since it is one way sync, but the process would not affect\modify accounts and roles manually created in DNN, allowing normal operation, web registration, etc, on the DNN site..

Now you can provide unified login to your CommitCRM client users as well as let them access feedbacks, forums, mailing lists etc, all managed from CommitCRM database

If you’re interested please let me know. I have talked with one developer, and if I can get enough people interested, then I will scope this project, and place it for bid, and we can split the cost. If we have enough interested parties, then it may be pretty cheap.

John Clark
    Small Business Systems
    Fort Worth: 817-834-0364 x102
    Dallas: 972-248-4455 x102
    jclark@sbsproactive.com
Working...
X