No announcement yet.

URL To Ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

URL To Ticket?

Can we link to ticket by ticket number? I.E. https://commit.acme.com/?ticketid=0500-1234

Re: URL To Ticket?

Thank you for posting this.*

The following URL structure would work, basing the lookup on the record ID of the Ticket.

Here is an example:

http://crm.yourdomain.com:4961?cmtAction=View&cmtRecId=TK T12345678901234567

Hope this helps!

Comment

This doesn't help when working with external data (i.e. CSTAT). Really need a direct to ticket link option based on ticket#.

Comment

Makes sense. Noted and be considered! Thanks.

Comment

Adding to this, we really need the ability to use the ticket# in an XML email to do automation with Zappier, client helpdesks, etc. Would be HUGE if we could reference actual ticket number in API/XML calls/emails.

Comment

Noted as well. Thanks.

Comment

If all I had was two pieces of information, what would be the most efficient method (via XML) to handle the following:

Add a History Note To Existing Ticket with only: Ticket Number [0500-10000] & Note [blablabla]

????

Comment

Mmm, the XML API transaction for adding a History Note requires the Ticket Record ID unlike the Ticket number. Using numbers here for the API will unfortunately not work.

Comment

UPDATE: It may actually work with the Ticket # here. Please give it another try and in case it does not work please share your app log files (the /Logs folder, zipped) with us over email (support@) so we'll try to learn what the exact problem is.

Comment

Can you post an example XML email I should try (base structure, with 0500-XXXXX as a placeholder)?

Comment

Here you go (for version 25+):

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
                      <?crmxml version = "1.0" ?>
                      <CRMTransaction>
                      <ExternalApplicationName>CmtXmlApi</ExternalApplicationName>
                      <SendResponseToEmail>my@mail.com</SendResponseToEmail>
                      <Password>the-predefined-api-password</Password>
                      <DataKind>HISTORY-NOTE</DataKind>
                      <RecordData>

<FLDHISNOTEDATETIME>17/07/2020 11:15</FLDHISNOTEDATETIME>
                      <FLDHISWORKERID>CRDQ93UFMA072UI6U6RW</FLDHISWORKERID>
                      <FLDHISLINKRECID>0500-1007</FLDHISLINKRECID>
                      <FLDHISDESCRIPTION>MY DESCRIPTION</FLDHISDESCRIPTION>

</RecordData>
                      </CRMTransaction>

Comment

Impressive, it works! Suggestion for improvement... allow filtering in API server to provide multiple passwords with levels of restricted access (i.e. no reply, no data extraction, submittal only, etc.).

Also would be nice to provide list of approved email addresses (another level of security). Right now even having this XML email API activated gives me heartache from a security standpoint.

Comment

Great! You're welcome and thank you for the update. Ideas noted. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X