No announcement yet.

SMS Text to New Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SMS Text to New Ticket

I use Text Marketer here in the UK. Has anyone managed to configure SMS text message to Ticket?

Re: SMS Text to New Ticket

Do you mean to create a Ticket in RangerMSP when an SMS is sent to you? Or to send an SMS when a new Ticket is created?

To send an SMS from a ticket you can use Online Services and in fact there is an example of that using Clickatell described in the Sharing Center:

SMS Technician Job Details

Comment

When someone sends me a text. Textmarketer uses API i think?

Comment

We're not following you on this one! Please elaborate more on what you're trying to achieve and we will share our insights. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry. I use an online text to email service or text to API. I want it to open a ticket.

Anyhow I think I know how I can go about it, can you please tell me your API to open a ticket for an existing customer taking the details from their mobile number on PHONE 2 Field?

Comment

If your SMS messages are converted to email first then you could perhaps use the Automated Emails feature in the Email Connector as described in this knowledge base article:
            How To Create Tickets On Behalf of Your Customers Using Emails

Further details of the Automated Emails feature can be found in the Email API doc here:
            API by Email and MSP Integration

The full API system provided with RangerMSP allows for developers to do much more and is extensively documented here:
            API Developers Guide
            API Code Samples

In other words, a programmer can easily implement exactly what you described on top of the RangerMSP API.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X