Guidelines on custom table fields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Guidelines on custom table fields.

Hi Commit,

I have created a new tab for assets (which creates a new table in the database)

I have also created some new fields on that new tab
    For example:
    Field XXX having Tech. Rec ID FLDUSRASTYXZHSYF1RGL (the internal field name in the table)

I can update this field by api/email just by using this line:
    <FLDUSRASTYXZHSYF1RGL>My data for field XXX</FLDUSRASTYXZHSYF1RGL>

Question:
    As a developer, how can I make my software 'ready' for other CommitCRM CRM Installations.
    I am asking this, because if tab and fields is created in a other CommitCRM CRM installation, them the internal field names in the table will be named something completely else. And my update line will fail.

Q1: Do you have any guidelines for this?

Q2: It is possible to have the custom fields named something like the system fields fx. FLDUSRXXX ?

Q3: Do you have any documentation, source files or anything else especially for developers other than the stuff available on the public support/forum area ?

Re: Guidelines on custom table fields.

Click to read all about developers API.
    Custom fields are personal for each installation and therefore you should not assume or build-on the fact that other users will have the same field IDs. What you should do is to have a Window/.ini file in your plug-in where the end user can teach your plugin the IDs of the custom fields they created.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X