Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark charges as billable when over contracted hours.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Mark charges as billable when over contracted hours.....

Yeah, I probably didn't explain well. I'm saying that you don't worry about the billable status - instead make sure techs get the contract set right.

At month end, run a contract report on "block of time contracts" for the month just ending.

You will see for account "abc" - "block of time 35 hours used of 30" for example.

Now, go to account "abc". Create a charge for item "service agreement shortfall item" for 5 hours.

Complete the contract so no one can charge to it any longer.

Now, your problem is solved.

Doing it this way also allows you to then report on "service agreement shortage item" to see how many hours over the year you were short. Then you can use this data to suggest a change.

I do a similar process to verify no "products" have been charged to our "block of money" msp agreements.

Hopefully this makes sense. If it still doesn't, I'll post a screenshot.

--Luke

Comment

Re: Mark charges as billable when over contracted hours.....

Gotcha. Not a bad idea. Have employees enter hours no matter what, then use the reports to charge for the overage based on how many included hours they get.

One downside is a potential big charge at the end of the period vs a few smaller charges on each ticket \ invoice. Sometimes clients stop calling with trivial things when they are out of the included hours.

Us to client "BTW, you owe another $1500 this period because you went over by 10 hours!"

The other thins is the constant "over hours" reminder CommitCRM gives you when they are over hours. This is just a minor annoyance though.

When we did quarterly contacts we would just make a new "interim"contact for the rest of the quarter for overages. Complete the first one and leave one for the last month of the quarter or so.

Comment

Working...
      X