RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Easy I.T.

Hi there,

I've done a search through the forum's and see that this has been requested/talked about several times. Was just hoping for an update to see if it is in the development schedule?

Currently CommitCRM only has the ability for a "Manager". We would like the ability for a "tech" field as well.

The way I see how tickets should be handled are: When a ticket comes in it is automatically routed to the "Manager" who then should assign the ticket to a "tech" - until it is assigned it is left unassigned (which should be seperated or highlighted). You could also have workflows - so for certain clients the manager and tech are automatically assigned. I would also like to see alerts to the tech when the ticket is assigned to them.

I've seen suggestion's from the CommitCRM team to use tasks and appointments - We dont always want to schedule an onsite visit, and the task can be the ticket (These method's just seem to add another step to what should be inbuilt).

Keen to hear if others see this as something that would be useful - or how others are handling this.

Cheers,
Jeremy

September 16th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Support Team

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your last post.
I would suggest that the tech that is responsible for the main work on the ticket, should be marked as manager. This way, this employee gets all the changes directly to his email until his work on the ticket is resolved. When that is done, the ticket manager should be changed to the next person in charge of working any phase of the ticket. Doing this will allow you to know who is responsible for any late work on a ticket, and who to speak to regarding the ticket at that time.

Hope this helps.

Reno Breen

September 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
nattivillin

When our dispatch employee puts a new ticket into the system, how do they assign it to an employee? It keeps assigning them to the person who makes the ticket. Then it seems like we cant change it.

September 29th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Hi nattivillin,

The technician servicing the ticket should be marked as the ticket manager, and can be selected from the "Manager" drop-down menu in the ticket creation screen or from the ticket General tab.

Once you create the ticket, you can have it marked for dispatch, this can be done from the ticket creation window or the details tab. Once the ticket is marked for dispatch, you should go to the dispatch screen, and drag n’ drop the ticket from the list to the desired employee’s time slot. This will schedule an appointment for that employee and that ticket, and will show up in the tasks list, and calendar. Once the employee wishes to start processing the ticket, he just needs to right-click that appointment and click Open Linked Ticket. The ticket manager can be selected from the ticket creation window or the general tab. Please note, only active employees can be selected as ticket managers.

For a detailed forum discussion on this matter, please click here

Reno Breen