No announcement yet.

Ticket Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Ticket Queue

I feel like we need a better way of organizing tickets by "queues" and reporting on those "queues".

For instance, I want to know if In-shop service queue time is greater than average... I also need a place so that employees all doing the same service type can work tickets as a group - instead of only the tickets that are assigned to them.

Does that make sense?

I know I can do ticket types - and maybe get sort of close, but I feel like that is a work around instead of an ideal implementation. Has this come up before? Any thoughts on this?

Re: Ticket Queue

Lovejoy, I got around this issue by using employees as queues
    I have employee's named "repairs", "new tickets", "job bookings" and "system prep" then assign them as the ticket manager. This effectively gives you a queue although it does cost money to purchase a licence so I can see how this would be an issue for smaller businesses.

Comment

Ignore the auto correct on your name there :-)

Comment

Yes, we see what you mean. You may also use the Ticket Type field for classification and filter by it, though it is probably not as easy-to-use as with BDTECHRob suggestion.
        Thanks. Feedback noted.

Comment

lol@lovejoy!

We also use employees for grouping. Costs more but makes our lives much easier.

@CommitCRM - hint-hint - it would be nice to not have to buy/waste employee licenses for this.

Comment

Lol, I've been called worse names I'm sure!

Comment

It would be great to see a feature like ticket queuing - we use GFIMax integration, and it would be nice to easily filter out tickets that were opened by GFI, vs email or helpdesk vs project work.

Comment

Noted with thanks.

Comment

Suggested this ages ago: here

They really need this feature. Ours overflows. Wouldn't be so bad if you could add more status's (I know you can rename).

Comment

I would love to see some traction on this. If tickets were in queues, then employees could monitor their queues - instead of just seeing tickets that were directly assigned to them.

Alerting & SLA's could be managed by queue as well.

Comment

Noted with thanks.

Comment

We use a 'new tickets' 'queue' and it works a treat.

We don't associate any email address with it so it keeps it simple.

Comment

You just do that with an extra employee license?

Comment

We also just purchased another license and named it 'Queue' which has made things immensely easier to work with. Now, all new tickets get auto assigned to Queue and we know at that point that it needs to be assigned to a tech or that action needs to be taken.

Austin

Comment

It would also be awesome to see queues implemented. I would like to have a queue for the auto-created tickets from GFIMax, vs tickets emailed to our help desk etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X