RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 31st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Blue Ridge Technologies

Is there anyway to be able to have a automatic phone system to have the customer press in a contract number to setup a support ticket? then pass a email/Message to the techs on call.
If so/not , any suggestions?
Thanks

December 31st, 2008, 02:00 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Interesting idea. I believe this can be done, and the implementation would consists of few parts:

1. The first part, which is probably the more complicated part, is to write a program which communicates with the phone concentrator and received the contract number and the message from the user. This program should communicate with the RangerMSP database (via ODBC) and pull the account details according to the contract code.

2. The second part in this program is creating an email with the account name in the subject and the message text in the body, and sending it to the Email Connector's incoming queue. Alternatively, you can save the message as a voice file, and attach it to the email. The original email will be saved with the ticket which will be created in the system, so you will be able to listen to the original message when needed.

3. Once the email arrived to the Email Connector, it can then create a ticket in the system according to the account name in the subject line. Note that this is done using the Automated Email Processing feature in the Email Connector (click here for more details).

4. As for alerting your technicians - this can be achieved by using the Alerts Server. The new ticket will trigger an email alert to the technicians, so they will know there is a new ticket in the system for this customer.

I believe this can work. In case you wish to go forward with using the ODBC link, please contact us directly and we will send you further information on this.

I hope this helps!

Doron